35 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United States
zachlebar says

So I’m a little curious as to how the site templates are supposed to work. When I would design a simple 5 page site plus a contact form, the price was usually $1500USD, but it was custom designed, not from a template. Will there be the possibility for the author of a particular template to offer services to customize the template for the buyer. I think it would be helpful so that the buyer is getting a website, customized to their needs, and they never have to touch code, and get a totally cheap site.

94 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
JimmyP says

I think it’s certainly possible, but I’m not sure it falls within the realms of the services offered on this site… I mean, obviously you can contact the author externally or even with the messaging services provided here but I don’t think Theme Forest should have to add any additional services to facilitate such needs….

I’m sure quite a few buyers will want to do exactly that – but to be honest the messaging services (accessible through the profile page of each author) provided should suffice…. :)

I’m not sure how other template-sale sites work since this is the first I’ve been a part of so forgive me if I’ve got the wrong end of the stick…

35 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
zachlebar says

@JimmyP – it’s my first foray into the template selling world, so i was wondering more if that was allowed, not necessarily implementing a new feature to allow for it. I was probably going to use the messaging services anyway.

flasheffectsjason
flasheffectsjason Recent Posts Threads Started
5 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
flasheffectsjason says

Yeah, the pricing is off and always will be off, especially for the first time uploader. As long as the member base is growing at a rate of a 1,000 per day, no-one has anything to worry about. Lawsuits will take their tolls and we will see copyrights/license agreements for digital goods come and go. I’m really interested to see how they affect this site. WTB stock in envato PST !

475 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 8-9 years
cyan Staff says
@JimmyP – it’s my first foray into the template selling world, so i was wondering more if that was allowed, not necessarily implementing a new feature to allow for it. I was probably going to use the messaging services anyway.

Hi guys! We have no problem with customizing themes for individual buyers – often on FD buyers will contact sellers via site mail and ask them to make alterations at freelance rates. We expect the same thing will happen here. That’s why we have the “Available for freelance” tick-box on the profile pages so buyers know they can contact authors. :)

The only thing we ask is that sellers don’t “pimp” their services on the forums etc – but there’s nothing stopping you having a “contact me for customization etc etc” line on your file pages or profile page!

by
by
by
by
by
by