154 posts ThemeVan
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeVan says
I submited a portfolio theme but it’s rejected. Demo is here: http://demo.themetruck.com/inportfolio

This is my first theme, I know it’s not good and hope predecessors can give me some advices. Thanks!

26 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
Mannequin says

As you’ve ticked yourself as an Exclusive Author, you’ll probably want to disable the link from your profile that enable people to purchase it off your own website for $49.00 ;)

45 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United States
AionCreative says

Yes it could use some tweaks.

The logo is blah. Come up with something more unique and sharp.

It seems dull and lacking contrast in some areas, like in the banner area.

Needs some whitespace adjustment in some areas.

Top left SM icons – center vertically, it’s a little off.

Play with your text line height

Icons on the 3 columns in the content area need to be better. Maybe use ones with colors.

Looking good. Work on that banner area more to make punch

154 posts ThemeVan
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeVan says

As you’ve ticked yourself as an Exclusive Author, you’ll probably want to disable the link from your profile that enable people to purchase it off your own website for $49.00 ;)

Can I sell unapproved themes on my own website?

154 posts ThemeVan
+3 more
ThemeVan says

Yes it could use some tweaks.

The logo is blah. Come up with something more unique and sharp.

It seems dull and lacking contrast in some areas, like in the banner area.

Needs some whitespace adjustment in some areas.

Top left SM icons – center vertically, it’s a little off.

Play with your text line height

Icons on the 3 columns in the content area need to be better. Maybe use ones with colors.

Looking good. Work on that banner area more to make punch

Thanks for your advices, I think you spoke to the point, I also think so after I repeatedly browsing.

151 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
aldrinlsc says

Typography and Whitespace.

962 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
EireStudio says

BE UNIQUE !!!!!

Caps were needed as this same template format keeps cropping up every few days from people getting rejected and wondering why :)

Slider = check

columns of text = check

big footer with columns = check

gah!!! :P

397 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Monkify says

Can I sell unapproved themes on my own website?

If you’ve sold an item before it’s approved to ThemeForest as an exclusive author then you’re breaching the contract. You can only distribute a theme on ThemeForest as an exclusive author if it hasn’t been sold anywhere else.

17 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Serbia
rkoma says

BE UNIQUE !!!!!

Caps were needed as this same template format keeps cropping up every few days from people getting rejected and wondering why :)

Slider = check

columns of text = check

big footer with columns = check

gah!!! :P

Totally agreed. I haven’t been here for a long time, but already see a lot of repetition in theme designs. If the reviewer says you have to be unique, maybe the key is to change the overall ‘lookandfeel’ of the theme before changing any less appealing details.

Just a thought.

154 posts ThemeVan
+3 more
ThemeVan says

I think I should re-design it, this design is not enough detail. Thanks for all advices!

by
by
by
by
by
by