107 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
tips4design says

I was wondering how do ThemeForest themes usually cost more than CodeCanyon full PHP websites (functional sites including front-end, back-end, etc…).

I know that now we got used to it and this won’t change too soon, but when the prices were first set how could for example a theme for “e-commerce website” cost the same as a full PHP e-commerce website.

Just an example, to make my point clear:
3861 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
+1 more
charlie4282 says

I think it is a different offering.

For example the link you have for code canyon – yes thats a working function BUT it is useless if not incorporated with a site itself. Likewise the TF file has all the visual etc you would need but may lack some of the backend functionality.

They both have their merit and play to their strengths which provides their different value

592 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Ghana
IsaacA says

I think it is a different offering.

For example the link you have for code canyon – yes thats a working function BUT it is useless if not incorporated with a site itself. Likewise the TF file has all the visual etc you would need but may lack some of the backend functionality.

They both have their merit and play to their strengths which provides their different value

+1… Seriously, we need that +1 button in the forums.

by
by
by
by
by
by