1234 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
MBMedia says

I know personally that I’m thankful to see you recognize that above & beyond support is exactly that: above & beyond.

When a customer feels they are entitled to my time I tend to draw the “that’s beyond general support” line in the sand at pretty much zero support.

But if they honestly are valuing my time, are reading documentation & comments or researching the answers to questions before just defaulting to asking me, etc, then I have no problem giving them amounts of support that are definitely beyond the amount of money I earned from their sale.

374 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
WPWiseOwl says

That’s a respectable attitude / stance, MBMedia. No author should be a “replacement” for the provided documentation, faq, item details page, etc. That’s just extremely lazy and/or inconsiderate behavior. Many of the entitled folks probably do know better but simply like seeing what they can getting away with.

They probe boundaries (especially with a author they haven’t dealt with before) like a child does with their parents. Some just never grow out of that phase / habit potentially. I support shutting them down in that instance because that’s abuse AFAIK (especially if it’s pre-purchase).

SelfPublishServices
SelfPublishServices Recent Posts Threads Started
471 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
SelfPublishServices says

I just wanted to let you know electronicpakrat, that thanks to your feedback, I now have a new video on the item page.

I’m still waiting to hear about a name change.

374 posts
WPWiseOwl says

Hopefully that and / or the name change will translate to the higher sales for you! :-)

SelfPublishServices
SelfPublishServices Recent Posts Threads Started
471 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
SelfPublishServices says

Hopefully :)

It would be good to have a feedback section on Envato, because we need to know when things are right and when they are not so right.

374 posts
WPWiseOwl says

I’ve had the honor of being able to give back to some of the fine developers here in a way other than financial support. In fact, just recently one in particular lacked a specific android device for testing which I happened to have. I was happy to help where I could. Plan to do so again whenever needed / I can spare the time.

by
by
by
by
by
by