872 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
uziiuzair says

Not that this thread was needed or anything.
I just wanted to say good bye to all the authors here. Although I could not make it thru approval for the few items I tried to upload, Themeforest really taught me a lot. The community here is amazing. And I am glad my experience in developing was greatly polished working as a freelancer, and trying to become an author here.
Although I would love to stay here and develop my own projects, and earn something at a very young age, I had a very big decision to make. Either finish my A’levels, or stay as a developer and earn.
I have my exams in 5 more months. And I can not believe how stupid I had been wasting time on themeforest and not in my books. and now, when I finally realized what I have been doing, I kind of miss going to school and making new friends, hanging out with old ones. (I have not gone to school for 4 months as we were shifting countries.)

I love themeforest, I love the community, and I love how the staff is working on making this community better day by day.
But Oh well, Its time to leave now. Its time to finally say good bye to it all and spend the last of my teens as a teenager should be (and yes, I consider myself to be a teenager, you are an adult only at 19. and teenager at 18 who is turning into an adult)

Byee Themeforest :)

849 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
Rewroc says

A big good luck for your future.

872 posts
+4 more
uziiuzair says

I hope it goes great.

3960 posts After Effects Templates
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 500+ members
+9 more
miseld says

I wish you good luck and it’s very sad to heard that someone is leaving but if you are persistent in learning i if you raise your skills you are welcome back anytime. It is very hard to be the part of something extraordinary, but experience that we learned here give us much respect to ourself and to the people around the world, make us proud that we learn how to create wonderful things and sell them to whole world. Where ever you go and what ever you do in your life you will always have home “Envato”. If i were you i probably never close my account but i will try to take a break and figure out where i’m making mistakes, in the meantime you can promote a lot of content from all marketplaces and make some extra money from the affiliate program.

Think again before you leave, take care and once again good luck!

111 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
bakircius says

You don’t have to say “good bye” bro. We can wait for you, and your exams, at least 5 months. Just keep it up your work in your free time. Success will come. Happy new year! :)

1797 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

I’d say that you can do both. When I first started on ThemeForest, I published 3 themes, worked 8 hours everyday(including weekends) and had college too. And I wasn’t dying or something, I could go out with friends if I wanted, it’s all about managing your own time. I’m still a full-time author, without having anyone else on my team(and as you can see, I have quite some items) and still go to college without any problems. And I have quite some free time for everything else.

It’s just about wanting something

Good luck!

5361 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

A big good luck for your future.

+1 and if I were your age I’d probably make the same decision. There’s plenty of time left in life to work, but your late teens/early twenties will fly by fast. So make the most of it, have fun, finish your schooling, and if you have a passion for code, it will always be waiting for you :)

442 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+5 more
ZozoUI says

good luck buddy

872 posts
+4 more
uziiuzair says

@miseld, ofcourse I would not, at any time, close my account. But I believe its the right thing to do, concentrate on your studies while you still can, who knows what the future holds for you.:)

@bakircius, 5 months till exams, then we shall see how I do in college. :D

@Finaldestiny, ofc I can do that too . But after doing that thru my AS Levels, I dont thnk it would be easy as I chose architecture for my future. and it would either be a few hours on TF or my projects in architecture.

@codingjack, @zozoUI, thanks guys :)

200 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
GraphiTivity says

College/School is important for a degree and the time spent on TF all these days was for your own real life experience tho but just remember what you learn in school/college you never actually use/apply it in real life! :)

Good Luck!

by
by
by
by
by
by