• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Malta
NeuronFX says

Hi guys,

What do you think about a MAYA / 3DS MAX section?

I think most professionals use these programs for their work, and it can be a nice addition so videohive can continue expanding.

256 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
motionpictors says

I think because C4D is the most 3d program used for motion graphics.also it has the best integration with After Effects.

423 posts butlerm.com
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Beta Tester
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
+9 more
butlerm says

Yep motionpicture is right. If you do a search you will see a topic about a year ago saying the same thing.

130 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
ideastools_02 says
431 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Malta
NeuronFX says

I’ve seen that census. Maya seems to be used more then Cinema 4D, but I think it’s more used for film work. I learned Maya some years back cause it is much more powerful and is much more open then C4D (from my perspective). C4D is very easy to use as well, since I used it for some projects in the past, so I could create C4D templates, but I cannot afford two applications, when I barely open C4D .

I also find no problems in integrating Maya to AE, its very easy and straight forward, if you know what you’re doing.

4893 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
+5 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Its just that it seems like the barrier of entry is a bit less steep for C4D . And it’s one of the most common programs used for motion graphics. While I’m sure just as much, if not more, could be accomplished using Maya or Max, it may not fit our current buyer base.

If Cinema4D continues pickup up steam it will be easy to build a case to start integrating other programs down the line. However the most obvious next choice would probably be something like Blender as it’s free and pretty capable.

431 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Malta
NeuronFX says

Its just that it seems like the barrier of entry is a bit less steep for C4D . And it’s one of the most common programs used for motion graphics. While I’m sure just as much, if not more, could be accomplished using Maya or Max, it may not fit our current buyer base. If Cinema4D continues pickup up steam it will be easy to build a case to start integrating other programs down the line. However the most obvious next choice would probably be something like Blender as it’s free and pretty capable.

I agree with you Mark, I posted this thread to see whether there is a possibility and if you’re thinking about this for the future. But you’re right an addition of Blender would be better than maya, as buyers can just download the software and follow the tutorial we write. Maya is also mostly reserved to studios and work houses so it’s not the best choice for now. Although in the future things can change.

49 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
telecast says

Considering myself an old school 3dsmax guy, i’m locked to the PC. Whilst more than half of super-duper-trendy-cool designers apparently work on macs :) That would mean they don’t have a native access to 3ds, which I think brings another barrier to 3ds files.

4792 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
+5 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Whilst more than half of super-duper-trendy-cool designers apparently work on macs :)
Is that a disparaging comment based on which technology people choose to use, by any chance? Tsk. Tsk!
49 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
telecast says

Is that a disparaging comment based on which technology people choose to use, by any chance? Tsk. Tsk!

Not by any means whatsoever.

by
by
by
by
by
by