• Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Belgium
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Sitebase says

What can I do against a forum that is pirating a script from me? I already contacted the admin but they just joking with it.

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Send any information relevant to the case to support immediately. They will handle contacting the necessary people to get the files taken down.

137 posts Ahoy, me Hearties!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
ChrisMooney says

In my experience, Envato will do nothing to help. I managed to resolve the issues I had eventually with the offending peron/s myself. (See: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/how-to-protect-our-stolen-work/18785)

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

I’m very sorry that Envato was not able to assist you in your issue. But I can confirm that Envato does work very hard to prevent file piracy. They take all matters very seriously. The high number of sheriff badges can help confirm this. Even if you do choose to combat the issue yourself, you should still write to support so they can put someone on it as well.

137 posts Ahoy, me Hearties!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
ChrisMooney says

I sent an email to support but was left a bit high and dry:

“Thanks for your email, sorry to hear about this. Envato has no policy as such, but its not something that we like happening. As you are the copyright owner of this you are able to contact that website and demand that it be taken down. We will also do what we can to have the file removed for you.

Let me know if you need anything else.”

Even if Envato aren’t prepared to do anything themselves, it may be a good idea to have something in the wiki just advise users how to protect themselves and their work.

by
by
by
by
by
by