147 posts Get in the spotlight
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
FamousThemes says

All I wish is a textarea to apear when a user rate an item, to tell the reason he rated it that way, and to see the username as well :)

236 posts Marketplace Developer
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in New Zealand
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
madlep Envato team says

Re SSL: for this site to work then every existing forum image, item live preview and image within item descriptions would need to be hosted on SSL as well.
not an expert but if I understood correctly the images in the description are not accessed directly by the browser viewer but are parsed by some cache service. someone correct me if I’m wrong

You’re wrong, I’m correcting you ;)

Preview images are served from envato servers, but item description images are hosted by the item author “somewhere out there” on some random server on the internet. The item description just has HTML that can point at whatever URL.

The problem with this for HTTPS is that all the assets on the page need to be served over HTTPS as well, or you get ugly browser warnings (for good reason) if there is a mix of HTTP and HTTPS content.

So we would need some kind of proxy service to guarantee the images (and any other assets) are always served up over HTTPS, and then rewrite the item description HTML when it’s rendered to serve the images from the proxy server, instead of from their original URLs.

A couple of the devs had a play with that and got a prototype going as an internal hackweek project a few months back. Worked pretty well, but needs a lot of effort to get it production ready. That sort of thing would be what we’d use though.

7566 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Re SSL: for this site to work then every existing forum image, item live preview and image within item descriptions would need to be hosted on SSL as well.
not an expert but if I understood correctly the images in the description are not accessed directly by the browser viewer but are parsed by some cache service. someone correct me if I’m wrong
You’re wrong, I’m correcting you ;)

ah ok :)

checked one of my items description previews and it points to amazon s3 where I put it.

I was referring to this thread

http://videohive.net/forums/thread/testing-a-cdn-for-externally-hosted-images-to-improve-page-load-times/107741?page=1

I was under the impression it become permanent

308 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
BrianCoyDesign says

Shopping cart

Dropbox integration for uploading and downloading files so when updates happen I get them automatically.

Organizable Lightboxes for bookmarking files

“Share with” feature. I find files that I want to share with people in my company to review for possible purchases. Sending a ton of individual links is difficult and met with some resistance.

7566 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

the bookmarks/collection part got an update recently.

now is easier to collect/share items

324 posts PremiumLayers.com
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
PremiumLayers says

All I wish is a textarea to apear when a user rate an item, to tell the reason he rated it that way, and to see the username as well :)

Yeah. graet idea

this rating system is killing us, definitely.

80 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+3 more
Mode54 says

Yeah. graet idea

this rating system is killing us, definitely.

Ratings is a real problem. I say either get rid of it or improve it. Right now it doesn’t help anyone.

519 posts uouapps
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
uouapps says

Multiple user accounts for every Author with restricted access to withdrawal section

(THIS IS A MUST) it’s really a pain to keep forwarding PMs to the corresponding devs instead of having them responding directly to buyers on the comments section

28 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
ClientEngage says

Off the top of my head:

• SSL: +1
  • Taking a good, strong look at the ratings-functionality, reviews etc.: +1
  • Someone mentioned DMCA Takedown Notice services: +1
  • A proper, smart search facility: the current one feels a bit like SELECT * FROM items WHERE title LIKE '%find this%'
  • On the same token: more ways to drive item discovery through better search, etc.
:-)
28 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
ClientEngage says
P.S.:
  • making the marketplaces responsive
  • more, better analytics for authors
;-)