138 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
+5 more
ram64 says

Ratings do need to get improved. I just got a sale on a new item then I got a low rating with no feedback, nothing. Anyway I’ll just focus on other things and not let this bother me.

On another note I was wondering, when an item gets a sale reversal does the rating remain or is it removed (in case the customer rated it)?

3012 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
TNL3542 says

i would like to see when a author has a sale from a buyer.. the author gets a email .. displaying the buyers username.. yeah i know ive only been a author on here a short time.. but been a member for a long time.. and i would like to get a email showing a sale was made.. and who bought it

3714 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

So we would need some kind of proxy service to guarantee the images (and any other assets) are always served up over HTTPS, and then rewrite the item description HTML when it’s rendered to serve the images from the proxy server, instead of from their original URLs.

A couple of the devs had a play with that and got a prototype going as an internal hackweek project a few months back. Worked pretty well, but needs a lot of effort to get it production ready. That sort of thing would be what we’d use though.

Yeah, I can imagine it would be quite tricky to get that right, and it would put a (non-negligible) extra strain on the servers.. Good to hear you guys are working on that, though! :)

It would be awesome if Envato would be able to roll out SSL across the marketplaces – they’re dealing with financial transactions after all, so proper crypto is a must ;)

7579 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

not the marketplace part but on forums for the comment flag function.

-if new thread had been created recently -if first (and normally only post present) is flagged -change the thread name to [thread reported/flagged awaiting moderation]

it happens from time to time that the thread have certain type of damaging information for the marketplace. This approach could minimize the issue. Some more thinking could be invested in making this more hard to trick but I don’t think it should take so much time to do it at code level.

9 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
digitalretouch says

Still want a way to add a 2nd payment method if what you want to purchase exceeds your balance, so that you can actually zero out your balance instead of spending $20 because you’re $1 short, or having a random amount of money sitting there because you have to mentally collect a couple of purchases in your head to equal your new balance AFTER having to deposit $20. It’s ridiculous and makes me purchase less, not more. The prices here are great, but the purchasing mechanism sucks. If they won’t implement this, they need smaller increments so that you never have too much left over money. I don’t feel like giving interest-free loans to stores I purchase from.

1 post
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
jholes says

Honestly, as a content purchaser, the no shopping cart on Envato has definitely turned me away from making some purchases. With multi-items I then have to make multiple purchases which costs me more time and fees. Try finding a website with more than 3 items for sale that does not have a shopping cart. It’s not only annoying for the buyer, but it is certainly costing the artists/creators sales, as I have already left the site to look elsewhere when I lack the patience/time to sit through individual purchases via PayPal. The content is great and the website is great too, but it’s more of a showcase site as opposed to a storefront.

Here is a link to a post from 2012 (2 years ago): http://notes.envato.com/general/marketplace-development-last-year-and-our-roadmap/

And a quote recognizing the need for this key component:

‘A little while ago, we promised a post about our development roadmap, as well as what has been worked on in the last year. There is a laundry list of excellent features and updates that have been waiting in our pipeline for what feels like forever. And understandably there’s a lot of questioning on the forums over why they haven’t materialized yet. Search improvements, ratings improvements, a shopping cart, item support tools, affiliate campaigns and analytics, license improvements and the list goes on. It’s a list of things that would make buying better, selling better, and alleviate problems left, right and center. The long and the short is that a lot of these types of improvements keep getting put on hold as we cope with growth and expansion.’

Adding a shopping cart is not an ‘extra feature.’ It’s something that you need to have as an integral part of your shopping process. Also, why is this in the pipeline? It takes less than an hour to set-up a cart. I dislike being critical of the site because I love what it can do, but this is really hard to understand. So much so that I took the time to write this response instead of shopping on Envato.

Regards,

J

7579 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

shopping cart are nice to have but there’s someone that go around suing web companies for using this functionality.

Envato would had been probably a good target for them and while I’m sure they would had fought back, it still is very costly to hire expensive lawyers with no guarantee you will win.

Off course, meanwhile, other companies fought the battle and looks like they managed to win. Not sure if they won the war, I don’t know how US law system works but if we look at the article bellow looks like they did.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/01/reviled-shopping-cart-patent-rolls-to-a-halt-at-the-supreme-court/

If the war is over maybe envato will implement the shopping cart system finally. :)

110 posts
  • Located in Slovenia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
maartin says

When you click on a thread with multiple pages, you should be thrown to the oldest post you haven’t seen yet. This isn’t hard to do, is it?

323 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
familychoice says

Wordpress authors encouraged to provide themes/plugins with more powerful functionality (e.g. job boards, classified ad systems, toolset type builders etc.) by rewarding them with a higher selling price and/or subscription based payments.

There’s a lot of the same on here, with a few exceptions. It’s be great to see authors encouraged to develop long-term products and frameworks by providing them with greater incentives to do so.

393 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
weCREATEthings says

G Analytics for ANYONE who wants to use it (not just for Elite authors)...

by
by
by
by
by
by