1045 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+10 more
Parallelus says

Sunday night at 11pm, while my wife Jessica and I were preparing for a trip to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, I went to the closet to get our passports and realized mine was expired. My immediate reaction was, “OH SH*T!!! We leave in 2 days!”, but to prevent Jessica from panicking I casually said, “Hmm… Did you know my passport expired? Maybe I can get a new one.” It didn’t really help to be so calm and possibly increased her stress by pretending to be unconcerned.

The next morning I drove to the Atlanta Passport Agency, about a 4 hour trip from my home. Jessica had called that morning to get me an appointment. Even though they had no openings, she got me on the waiting list and minutes later I had an appointment. I walked in the door of the passport agency and met with two nice ladies, gave them my paperwork and explained I need to get a new passport the same day. By now it was about 2:30 pm. After submitting my paperwork and waiting about 45 minutes they called my name and handed me my new passport! It felt like a small miracle had just been performed. Just 16 hours after realizing the passport was expired I had a new one in my hand and our trip, now less than 48 hours away, had been saved.

You can imagine the relief I heard in Jessica’s voice when I called to tell her the news. I never really got too worried about the situation since we could always go somewhere else, but Jessica put a lot of time into planning the trip and I knew it would disappoint her. It’s amazing how things can work out, and from my own experiences, I’ve found they usually do.

5561 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

Wow. I’m amazed it worked out so well for you :) And a great example of not putting a down payment on stress and anxiety. Have a great trip and congrats on the 10 years you guys!

+10 more
Parallelus says

@KingDog

We’re going to Canada so… Worst case scenario I could have let you or Adrien smuggle me across the border in your trunk. ;)

4336 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

You guys are lucky. It can take up to 1 year to get your passport here. :(

4669 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+8 more
digitalscience says

That’s a close one! I’ve lost my passport twice while travelling in foreign countries, now that’s another level of panic haha keep that passport strapped to your body ;)

5561 posts
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

@KingDog We’re going to Canada so… Worst case scenario I could have let you or Adrien smuggle me across the border in your trunk. ;)

We’ll pick you up on the sled :D

3248 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+1 more
organicbee says

You guys are lucky. It can take up to 1 year to get your passport here. :(

It can in the US if its a new one, renewals normally are much quicker. (not this quick though)

@Parallelus Congrats on 10 years!

1297 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
ImanGM says

Congratulations for your anniversary Parallelus! ;)

65 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
WebDesignPlanet says

@Parallelus, you lucky bastard :) Some kind of deity must be watching over you. Ask for a dedicated badge from Envato.

+10 more
Parallelus says

Thanks for the congrats everyone. It’s amazing how fast 10 years can pass, but it’s been awesome.

@Parallelus, you lucky bastard :) Some kind of deity must be watching over you. Ask for a dedicated badge from Envato.

Haha! Yeah, they’ll have to create a badge that looks like a halo or angel wings. :D It really was lucky. I tend to have an overly optimistic outlook. I think it’s a defense mechanism because real stress has an intense effect on me.

by
by
by
by
by
by