4335 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+11 more
Reaper-Media Volunteer moderator says

The main point of this thread isn’t the debate on this rule – Envato decided for it already, it’s not on debate.

The point of this thread was to ask the staff for the required documentation before actually enforcing the rule. I see your concern, Jwmcpeak – it’s not relevant at this point anymore, though, because reviewers have appearantly already started rejecting files based on this system.

What I’m trying to say it.. please file a list of file types that are no longer being accepted, based on the fact that there are too many out there already. I think CodeCanyon owes this to the authors, if you’re rejecting files based on this.

Or at least if the cause of the rejection was because a very similar file already exists on the marketplace then post some more extensive documentation explaining the steps you should take to ensure that the file will be worth submitting, maybe? :)

320 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
jwmcpeak says

Or at least if the cause of the rejection was because a very similar file already exists on the marketplace then post some more extensive documentation explaining the steps you should take to ensure that the file will be worth submitting, maybe? :)

That makes a reviewer an author’s market research department. At what point is it the author’s responsibility to analyze the competition and update their files accordingly?

4335 posts
+11 more

That makes a reviewer an author’s market research department.

All i’m saying is that, if the cause of Joost’s file rejection was because there are already many almost identical files, then there should be some form of guidelines for the author somewhere to help decide for himself whether it is worth making a file for submission.

Joost and myself are not suggesting at any point that the job of the reviewer’s needs to change at all, all we are suggesting is for a wiki page to be put up somewhere. :)

At what point is it the author’s responsibility to analyze the competition and update their files accordingly?

Whenever the author feels like it :-)

320 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
jwmcpeak says

Joost and myself are not suggesting at any point that the job of the reviewer’s needs to change at all, all we are suggesting is for a wiki page to be put up somewhere. :)

Ahhh, I misunderstood your statement. My apologies.

4335 posts
+11 more

Ahhh, I misunderstood your statement. My apologies.

No worries, i don’t think i made it 100% clear anyway :-)

by
by
by
by
by
by