24 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
Hypha says

I’ve been on the Envato Marketplace for quite some time on VH. I’ve actually worked as a music producer for a number of years, and was thinking of putting some stuff up on AJ. I’ve taken a look through a lot of the files here, especially the popular files list, to see what is selling.

I’m curious as to whether anybody here is uploading projects geared towards music artists and songs, rather than broadcast. Most of the stuff I see is more ads/commercials/broadcast stuff. More of what I did in the mid-2000s was artist related. Not sure if this translates well to AJ.

( If you’d like to hear the type of music I did, you can check this remix album sampler from 2006: https://soundcloud.com/davadrian/vol-1-the-remixes-sampler-2006 )

I quit music for a number of years, but my new years resolution is to get back into it!

387 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Located in Poland
+3 more
DamianN says

I quit music for a number of years, but my new years resolution is to get back into it!

Good choice ;) IMO people are in need of POP songs in style of Timberlake, Alicia Keys, T-Pain etc.! Man…. You could be a star, believe me, not only on AJ. Good luck

1009 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
simaudio says

Sounds good! However you might be better off having a look at this;

http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Live/Knowledgebase/Article/View/155/0/what-is-trax

:)

2049 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+5 more
gballx says

I will have a couple of tracks in the very near future (currently in the review queue) that may be useful to music artists. They are called Rush Hour and Breathe. They are indie rock and similar to Coldplay but they work as well as instrumentals. Keep watching my items!

24 posts
+6 more
Hypha says

Sounds good! However you might be better off having a look at this; http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Live/Knowledgebase/Article/View/155/0/what-is-trax :)

This is really helpful. Thanks for this! How are the sales on Trax projects?

1556 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
SoundFix says

Sounds good! However you might be better off having a look at this; http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Live/Knowledgebase/Article/View/155/0/what-is-trax :)
This is really helpful. Thanks for this! How are the sales on Trax projects?

Not great unfortunately…

http://audiojungle.net/popular_item/by_category?category=trax
545 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
muscma01 says

I think you will do great on here based on the soundcloud example you gave. Good work!

170 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
solarsound says

Unfortunately, I doubt you can upload those examples to Trax because they are remixes. They sound great, but you can’t upload remixes of pop artists for sale as it would be a copyright violation.

My personal advice is to upload your instrumentals to Audiojungle and license them, you would probably do a bit better going that route anyway.

24 posts
+6 more
Hypha says

Unfortunately, I doubt you can upload those examples to Trax because they are remixes. They sound great, but you can’t upload remixes of pop artists for sale as it would be a copyright violation. My personal advice is to upload your instrumentals to Audiojungle and license them, you would probably do a bit better going that route anyway.

I wasn’t planning to upload remixes. The link was just to show the type of music I did, which was more pop/r&b/rap.

Thanks for the advice, I’ll probably go that route with the instrumentals. Trax is interesting on the surface, but it seems nobody is buying.

43 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
CobaltLeaf says

Hi, I represent various different artists whose music is more intended for pop and radio play/cd sales/concerts. They’re fully produced, studio recorded songs. We’ve made a few sales here but not too many, was honestly hoping that our fully produced tracks would sell like Tim McMorris. Check out our portfolio if you want to see some of our work (uploading links to your own songs in forums is against the rules)

Hope you like it!

by
by
by
by
by
by