• Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Philippines
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
bfintal says

Hey everyone, im thinking of releasing my Wordpress theme framework for free. Im thinking of also monetizing it by providing paid support and paid modules. I would like to ask for your opinions regarding this. If i get a lot of positive feedback, i just might continue with this venture.

So to make things short, the framework sits on top of WP and is essentially a blank theme. It’s set up in a modified MVC model. Think of it this way, it has 2 folders: library and application. The library folder contains all the framework code, while the application folder contains all your theme’s files (php files, scripts, images, etc). Both folders contain models, views and controllers. Its easily updatable since all your files are in the application folder.

Aside from this the framework is complete and comes with an image resizer, smart script loader, shortcode api, admin panel api, etc. it makes building the front end (theme design) and admin UI very fast. Customizing the framework is also easy since application files can readiy override library files.

The code will hopefulu be free, while support will have a fee.

Modules such as an auto multilingual module (and some other similar ones) will be separately priced as add-ons.

Im thinking of also adding video tutorial classes which can be entolled into.

So what do you guys think of the plan? The free framework will have almost all the bells and whistles, while the paid modules will only be addons that people can do without but would be nice to have. Its a full fledged framework that would definitely speed up theme making without putting any restriction to what your theme can do.

I can provide more details, just ask away :)

237 posts
  • Bangladesh
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
dmsumon says

That would be wonderful

67 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Indonesia
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
hainug says

Can’t wait any longer :D

362 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Russian Federation
+3 more
OrangeIdea says

Very interesting.

894 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
Smartik says

Can’t wait to see it. Sounds promising. :)

82 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
GJThemes says

You should… actually the “free model” of business proves to work very well. I mean look at open source and how it has become so popular. You could definitely do well with a free framework because it would also dramatically increase your exposure once word gets out. I’ve never seen your framework in action but I would be interested in seeing it if you do go free.

Like for me, I plan on moving more towards free themes and templates because there is a much better advantage on many levels, even cross marketing with others.

237 posts
  • Bangladesh
  • Exclusive Author
dmsumon says

When we will see it??? Can’t wait anymore :D

170 posts The Joomla Guy
  • Won a Competition
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+4 more
hogash says

Great idea!!

196 posts
  • Palestinian Territory
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
yshanti says

Sounds like it’s going to be my starting point in WP development! :reallyevil:

237 posts
  • Bangladesh
  • Exclusive Author
dmsumon says

Hey everyone, im thinking of releasing my Wordpress theme framework for free. Im thinking of also monetizing it by providing paid support and paid modules. I would like to ask for your opinions regarding this. If i get a lot of positive feedback, i just might continue with this venture.

So to make things short, the framework sits on top of WP and is essentially a blank theme. It’s set up in a modified MVC model. Think of it this way, it has 2 folders: library and application. The library folder contains all the framework code, while the application folder contains all your theme’s files (php files, scripts, images, etc). Both folders contain models, views and controllers. Its easily updatable since all your files are in the application folder.

Aside from this the framework is complete and comes with an image resizer, smart script loader, shortcode api, admin panel api, etc. it makes building the front end (theme design) and admin UI very fast. Customizing the framework is also easy since application files can readiy override library files.

The code will hopefulu be free, while support will have a fee.

Modules such as an auto multilingual module (and some other similar ones) will be separately priced as add-ons.

Im thinking of also adding video tutorial classes which can be entolled into.

So what do you guys think of the plan? The free framework will have almost all the bells and whistles, while the paid modules will only be addons that people can do without but would be nice to have. Its a full fledged framework that would definitely speed up theme making without putting any restriction to what your theme can do.

I can provide more details, just ask away :)

bfintal@@ Where are you we want to hear from you when we shall get it? When we shall get the good news? :)

by
by
by
by
by
by