4669 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

Well I think we can all see that what sells the best here is “best value for money”.. it could be a bundle, it could be a multi-purpose theme, it could be 150 page PSD – they all have something in common, they’re better competitively priced – and if left unchecked can exponentially climb very high. But where there is an increase, there is a decrease. What we really need is more balance with the pricing, it doesn’t have to be a huge adjustment – just looking at what is selling really well, how much value is in the item and adjusting the price accordingly so it’s fairly priced to competitors.

If we don’t do this, we’re just heading for more and more bloat ware items – which at some point is not going to be worth the time to create and higher risk to sell.

I understand the way it works now has helped Envato expand rapidly, but now Envato is the best digital marketplace out there, so there is no where else to go but to fine tune what we already have so it’s going to be sustainable and a better place to sell our items.

1741 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

How it Helps Bundles to Author ? – they will share $$ to author ?

Authors with items included will get their shares in the total revenue.

47 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ppandp says

Well I think we can all see that what sells the best here is “best value for money”.. it could be a bundle, it could be a multi-purpose theme, it could be 150 page PSD – they all have something in common, they’re better competitively priced – and if left unchecked can exponentially climb very high. But where there is an increase, there is a decrease. What we really need is more balance with the pricing, it doesn’t have to be a huge adjustment – just looking at what is selling really well, how much value is in the item and adjusting the price accordingly so it’s fairly priced to competitors.

Totally agree.

3567 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

I’m not sure if the bundle hurts sales on WordPress themes, at least my sales are pretty high and constant – didn’t notice any drops since the bundle, on the contrary sales are unexpectedly high and stable.

Bundles (at least for ThemeForest) are pretty useless because they don’t contain updates or support for those specific items. And someone who wants these (pretty important) will always get a specific theme with support & updates.

by
by
by
by
by
by