• Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

hm.. i see same name and nothing more…
What about the parallax effect, size, just different images.
Are you kidding? Search “parallax” or for example take a look here or here

Damn, I will make a copy myself !!

490 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
wopethemes says

What about the parallax effect, size, just different images.
it’s not parallax effect baby.

hm.. i see same name and nothing more…
true
153 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
wpminima says

Seriously? It has even the same title, 80% the same preview image, same pages, same layout, same stuff, how can one skip these details? It’s not like SCRN has 20-30 sales, it’s been in the top 20 popular list for months now, this is hilarious. more and more copycats are coming and they’re all approved? THEY SHOULD BE BANNED!

Might want to delete that link, Themeforest moderators won’t be happy with this… As probably said before it is quite an impossible task for the reviewers to check if it is a copy yes or no. They purely check if it is good quality in coding and esthetics.

That being said it is our duty (The community here) to report theses findings to support. Sadly this will be the only thing you can do, only repressive, not pre-emptive action can be taken against these sorts of things.

The awkward thing here is that if you look up that file you’ll notice the title in your browser is actually “SCRN”. I guess people are becoming less and less afraid of getting caught since the only thing that can happen is have your template taken down or not?

Wish you best of luck mate :)

1582 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

Same idea, header text + some more text(he added a slider, LOL, big deal). Menu is 95% the same, he made it with black background and added a border-bottom with pink to the active one.

Work section is copied 95% from the original SCRN just with less details and some little details change, same separator style, same effects, the service page is the same, same pricing tables, just changed the hex code a little bit, the team shortcode is the same just with square pictures and different icons, the contact page, same thing, he just switched the columns, the form is on the right. And he changed the colors of the icons.

Seriously? It’s not a copycat? He forgot to change even the damn name and you say its got nothing to do with the original SCRN. There are LOTS of copycats monthly for SCRN, but at least some of them change the name and some stuff, this one didn’t even bother to change the name, stupidity has no limits.

And of course, the item will get removed, the user will still be an author and next month he’ll come with another copycat. GREAT JOB!

BUT WAIT! We’ll modify the tags next month so the authors will be happy!!! Or we’ll make another bundle!

24 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
hexahedron says

Meh, every design that has vertical panels with parallax scrolling look about the same. OnePageLove is full of these.

@dnp_theme: You seem quite impressed by this design. I saw you accused an author of copying SCRN few days ago http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/soft-rejected-need-help/85156?page=1#715054, apparently the template did get approval.

[subscribed to this thread, would be interesting to see a reviewer comment – I find it hard to believe the reviewers are unaware of SCRN]

• Beta Tester
  • Elite Author
  • United States
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

Just the fact that he forgot to change the title proves that he’s a copycat.

362 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Russian Federation
+3 more
OrangeIdea says

FinalDestiny, i can understand you… really… but IMO it’s not copy of your awesome theme. But i agree he stole your title and forgot to change it :)

May be i’m not right (I did not compare the code).

• Beta Tester
  • Elite Author
  • United States
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

OrangeIdea if someone would take Builder, change the colors, add a border and upload it tomorrow, I’m sure you wouldn’t say anything, am I right? I’m sorry, but seriously, I can’t see how that theme has anything unique / didn’t steal SCRN. Maybe I’m crazy, but when there’s lot of people telling me about this theme that it’s a copy, it surely means I’m not that crazy.

266 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
Vasterad says

@FinalDestiny you can send DMCA and they’ll take it down in a few hours. This discussion is going nowhere. :P

490 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
wopethemes says

calm down!

Same idea
which idea? single page idea?
header text + some more text(he added a slider, LOL, big deal). 
not problem. we can find a very close menu in same theme styles.
Menu is 95% the same, he made it with black background and added a border-bottom with pink to the active one.
5% the same
Work section is copied 95% from the original SCRN just with less details and some little details change, same separator style, same effects, 
the only same is 2 column of texts. that’s all. about the portfolios, there are 100 themes have the same structure please. don’t agree? click to creative category. I agree with 10% the same.
the service page is the same, same pricing tables, just changed the hex code a little bit, 
agree to same structure. but you are not original author of the structure. let see portfolio themes with same structure and it’s no tranger. You can’t ask don’t copy structure if you don’t have anything that’s your creative.
design is different , that’s approve in themeforest.
the team shortcode is the same just with square pictures and different icons, the contact page, same thing, he just switched the columns, the form is on the right. And he changed the colors of the icons.
again, you don’t create this structure . You’re not an ancestor. creative for single page is your? No! you can’t move some designs to other theme style and said that’s yours.
by
by
by
by
by
by