4140 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says
1407 posts
    Contributed a blog post Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Located in Europe Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+7 more
Stylius says

Interesting, I used to imagine worse conditions for the workers, I suppose it is not as the media describes it.

7290 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

shameful propaganda,

is about working 12 hours or more every day and even in weekends just to have enough stock at the launch. instead of building more factories (cost money) or pay more workers (cost money) they force those people to work more than humanly possible else they will be fired.

Then they sell the products for unbelievable prices turning the hard work of those people in a very high profit, while they sell themselves as revolutionary, innovative, clean and awesome company.

and off course they are not alone, every company that builds products in China is involved in this ugly business.

4140 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

Interesting, I used to imagine worse conditions for the workers, I suppose it is not as the media describes it.
Who care about conditions, I’ll work in a cave if i need to to make money on my developing if you can afford my rate .

But in the modern world $14 a day?…. to work under one of the most profitable company in the world is just crazy

2057 posts
    Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United States
Landonw says

It still costs apple a LOT to make the iPad. I believe the costs on the iPad 3 were about $400 a pop?

These people are being paid better than other factories in china pay, think Nike, HP, Dell, etc.

991 posts It's in the pipeline!
    Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

Who care about conditions, I’ll work in a cave if i need to to make money on my developing if you can afford my rate . But in the modern world $14 a day?…. to work under one of the most profitable company in the world is just crazy
And that’s why it’s the most profitable company in the world.
SelfPublishServices
SelfPublishServices Recent Posts Threads Started
467 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
SelfPublishServices says

It said that they can trace the buckle back to the exact assembly line. They probably then take money away from whoever worked on that assembly line that day.

1660 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Won a Most Wanted contest
+9 more
flashedge says

Duh, you still believe in the merry tales told by apple? That’s only the “good” part.

3072 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

So, like, doesn’t fall from the heavens sky? :P
Anyhow… Apple gets a lot of attention because they became so fricking big and successful. They need to look kewl & bananas.

3717 posts Community Moderator
    Has referred more than 5000 members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

Whilst to you and I earning $14 a day is astonishingly low, these people are travelling across the country in their hundreds, every day, to apply for jobs at this place.

It may be a low wage for us, but maybe they’re a great employer compared to others in China?

by
by
by
by
by
by