259 posts JoomFX.com
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 200+ members
+3 more
joomfx says

Yep, the Firebug thing with the compressed CSS files is quite annoying but you’ll quickly get used to it :) In order to change the default body font just open “gantry-core.less”. go to line 31 and replace the font-family. Here is an example how it should look like:

body {font-size: 13px;line-height: 1.7em;font-family: 'Abel','Helvetica',arial,serif;}

If this is not the default Gantry template but an item from an author he might have written the “body” CSS code in some other files as well. So you might want to use the ”!important” property like this:

body {font-size: 13px;line-height: 1.7em;font-family: 'Abel','Helvetica',arial,serif !important;}

Then clean the Less Cache and the default Cache and you are done ;)

281 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Serbia
scrnjakovic says

Yep, the Firebug thing with the compressed CSS files is quite annoying but you’ll quickly get used to it :) In order to change the default body font just open “gantry-core.less”. go to line 31 and replace the font-family. Here is an example how it should look like: body {font-size: 13px;line-height: 1.7em;font-family: 'Abel','Helvetica',arial,serif;}

If this is not the default Gantry template but an item from an author he might have written the “body” CSS code in some other files as well. So you might want to use the ”!important” property like this:

body {font-size: 13px;line-height: 1.7em;font-family: 'Abel','Helvetica',arial,serif !important;} Then clean the Less Cache and the default Cache and you are done ;)
I’m used to it, it’s just that it’s useless to see for an example: line 4537 master-blablablablalba.css when it’s actually generated by some-weird.less on line 136 :P

You don’t get me, I know how to do that, it’s my template, I just needed to find where it generates that font-family property when I deleted everything I could find. I was trying to dinamicaly change font to every element when Google web font selected through admin panel, not just h1 and h2 elements. Later on I fixed it by editing styledeclarations.php.

259 posts JoomFX.com
  • Has referred 200+ members
+3 more
joomfx says

Oh, I see man :) You might also want to copy the font.php from the Gantry library to /templates/yourtemplate/features and play with it. This is the file responsible for the dynamic font change ;)

281 posts
  • Located in Serbia
scrnjakovic says

Oh, I see man :) You might also want to copy the font.php from the Gantry library to /templates/yourtemplate/features and play with it. This is the file responsible for the dynamic font change ;)
Yeah, I might find someone who’s a little more skillful with PHP, I don’t think I’m gonna be able to pull this off by myself. I wanna add a copy of this font feature but tweak it a bit so user can select font for headlines separately from body font. Atm Gantry offers either to select google web font which will impact h1 and h2 elements only, or select some of local/custom fonts which style elements depending on how css rule is set, usually it is just .font-family-fontname { font-family: fontname; } so it styles all elements.

I hope you get the idea. I think letting site owners to decide on which font are they going to use for headlines, and which for body should be core feature, rather then giving them ultimatum. And tweaking this is not a problem, but copying feature itself is going to be one. :P

493 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
wopethemes says

yeah , however I see different css line also.

53 posts Minimal Themes Forum
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
minimalthemes says

What’s the problem, exactly?
Nah, I thought that FF overrides border property while chrome leaves it, but it turned out that my FireBugs got bugs… :D Everything’s fine.
user !important attribute for these type of shits.

You are my hero, seriously. I just love to find your posts <3

281 posts
  • Located in Serbia
scrnjakovic says

Lol… There is no different property in there… Jesus…

493 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
wopethemes says

haha , I should not discuss it since it not wp , wp does not have cache like this one.

281 posts
  • Located in Serbia
scrnjakovic says

haha , I should not discuss it since it not wp , wp does not have cache like this one.

This is not cache, it is compiled css from *.less files. It takes all less files, compiles and combines them into one css file with name master-[md5].css Thats why it has that hash…

4255 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+14 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

!important; , fixing cross browser bugs and stupid updates … since IE8 :D LOL

by
by
by
by
by