1797 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

As a start: Fix your damn ticketing systems because it doesn’t work, it always says “Invalid department ID specified; please select a valid department.”.

Now, next, this is just unacceptable. Every single day more and more copycats are approved and nobody gives a damn about it. I mean, seriously? You expect us quality, unique items and all this strict rules but you can’t recognize 30-40 popular themes that sell every single week in 100+ copies and made 1000+ sales?

Just yesterday I opened a topic about one complete ripoff in the WP category, you removed the topic, that’s easy to do, yes, cover it all. Now, what’s next? ONLY ONE DAY AFTER, SCRN is being ripped off by another member in a shameless way. HE EVEN COPIED THE SAMPLE IMAGE ON PRETTYPHOTO.

THIS IS DISTURBING! You want us to be professionals, then you should act like a professional team too, we wait weeks for a reply to our tickets, we see our items copied every single day, the same bugs month by month, is it really that hard to actually try to do something good to the community and the authors?

BTW, I’m reffering to the template with the name starting with “Scroll” and to the popular scrn.

I know this one will be removed too, but the people need to see this, even if you try to cover it up as soon as possible.

+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Now it’s removed? Someone cleaning up? Or did he do it because he knows karma gets back to you, no matter what? :D The issue still remains, every single day we see copied themes without any real issue of getting approved.

275 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Vasterad says

Regarding copycats http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/item-rejected-need-feedback/90497

I don’t say that getting inspiration from others is bad because it’s 100% fine, but copying each other is just ridiculous. Thankfully that item was rejected, but who knows what will be accepted tomorrow. :P

194 posts Dreams Money Can Buy
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
SwiftIdeas says

Agreed.. I understand that the authors have a huge amount of themes to review – but surely they must be aware of the top selling themes?

I still can’t quite believe the one we were discussing the yesterday is still for sale..

- Ed

2247 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
manuelvega says

Regarding copycats http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/item-rejected-need-feedback/90497 I don’t say that getting inspiration from others is bad because it’s 100% fine, but copying each other is just ridiculous. Thankfully that item was rejected, but who knows what will be accepted tomorrow. :P

lol , god have mercy on you xDD

275 posts
+5 more
Vasterad says

Regarding copycats http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/item-rejected-need-feedback/90497 I don’t say that getting inspiration from others is bad because it’s 100% fine, but copying each other is just ridiculous. Thankfully that item was rejected, but who knows what will be accepted tomorrow. :P
lol , god have mercy on you xDD
Shit happens, that’s not the first time. :D
4377 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+6 more
Dzinc says

Hi FinalDestiny, thank you so much for the feedback. Rest assured that even though, due to forum rules, some threads are disabled, the appropriate staff does indeed look into every case, no exceptions.

However, it is of the utmost importance, that the correct and legal procedures are followed accordingly, and it all starts with creating a support ticket.

We really do appreciate the intention of such matters being quickly posted on the forums, but in reality, in order for the process to work much more efficiently/faster, we politely ask that any/all related issues be reported through the correct channels.

So if you spot a copyright related issue, don’t hesitate, go ahead and immediately open a support ticket so that it can be looked into and analyzed as soon as possible.

In addition to Carmen and Travis (KingDog), who you can contact at anytime, the Community Team has recently expanded, now with Calin (contrastblack) and myself (Dzinc) on board. We are here exclusively to make sure both, community and staff, are on the same page and openly communicating about each and every issue involving the community within the marketplaces.

So if you do have any issues, feedback or suggestions, please do get in touch with us, our mailboxes are open around the clock. We will respond to every single issue, and do our very best to make sure the community is properly heard, kept well informed, and taken care of.

We will gracefully do our part, but we are also counting on everyone’s cooperation in abiding by our community rules, so that we may continue to improve and strive towards a common/collective goal.

In regards to the following support ticket submission error:

It seems to be caused by the Chrome browser only, and has already been reported. While the devs are looking into it, many users (including myself) have solved the problem by simply clearing the cache and/or restarting the browser. As soon as they are able to identify the cause, and if needed, provide a fix, we’ll be sure to keep everyone informed and up-to-date.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Have a great weekend everyone!

+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Actually, I get that issue on all the browsers, even after logging out and in again. And, I know I was a little bit harsh yesterday, but being rippedoff like that doesn’t happen everyday, all we ask is justice… Why the need of a DMCA when it’s obvious that it’s ripped off?

10 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
virtualsense says

There should be a small report button on every item’s detail page, displayed for authors only.

Authors could report any theme and add a small description, maybe a link to the copied item. Then reviewers would decide if the report is justified and if yes, suspend/remove the item. There would be only a few justified reports a week, so reports would have the highest priority, reviewed every single day.

275 posts
+5 more
Vasterad says

@Dzicn, so could you tell me why every time I contact support they say me that I should send a DMCA? I don’t want DMCA, I want intervention from staff. ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by