68 posts
    Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
vazz says
Staff cannot intervene without DMCA.
In my opinion, there are 2 separate things: global rules and envato’s internal rules. Envato doesn’t need a DMCA act to do whatever they wish on their website and the content within it. But I admit it’s safer for them. Actually, for everyone, because anyone can accuse anyone with no ground so where would this take the market and its sellers.
5872 posts
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

The purpose of sending DMCA is just to make the service provider (ex: Envato or a hosting serive) to remove the content/item immediately. So basically even if the copyright issue arises between Envato item and external source, Envato can remove the internal content even without DMCA – it is not a rule. The more clear evidence Envato has about copyright infringement, there is less harm in removing internal item. There is always a room for actions through understanding. But the only problem is, this can be very risky department to handle without sticking with DMCA procedure. Mistakenly removing an item can lead to liabilities / penalties to compensate the damage if any.

On the other side, the dispute between internal content may look like easy to proceed without DMCA but unless a severely responsible staff (with in-depth knowledge in design, trends and tech) puts hand, this is completely impossible. That’s why I believe Envato just sticking with DMCA even for internal items. I wont complain this procedure but not having other basic efforts to prevent the blatant copy is a worry here.

Be strict with age and identity of authors before their 1st upload. Monitor the number and frequency of item deletion an author does. These are to basic to miss.

by
by
by
by
by
by