1383 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
wpCanyonThemes says

Most of you know me, this is an old account, the current one is WPScientist. But as you can see http://themeforest.net/user/WPScientist it’s disabled.

One of our items has a copyrighted image in the demo, and it got soft-disabled (which means when we change the image they’ll put it back up) and that’s completely fine, it’s the rules. That happened 4 days ago.

Today (12 hours ago) our account got disabled and the notification email stated this:

“You have recently received notifications that some of your items have been disabled for intellectual property concerns. Due to the number and nature of these potential concerns, we have had to disable your account.”

Yes, it was “recently”, 4 days ago. About the “number” well it’s one item and as far as i know only one image in the demo.

We then replied to the email explaining the situation (4 days and 1 image in 1 item) and we were told that it’ll be reactivated in 1 hour, which was 11 hours ago.

After a few hours we sent a new email and a tweet, nobody answered us. After a few more hours we sent another email and still, no response.

Normally i wouldn’t come to the forum and bitch about things like this, but our account is disabled for 12 hours now and since we have no updates from the Envato team i decided to write about the situation here and hope things will speed up.

In my opinion account should not be disabled because of issues in only one item, it got soft-disabled, it’s not on the marketplace. And again, only 4 days passed since then, authors should at least be notified few days before disabling the account.

We’re losing money, customers think we closed the business and i’m really pissed off about this, so please put yourself in this position before judging me for coming to the forums about this.

Regards, Slobodan

1028 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

I’m sorry to read that.. Hope it will get resolved quickly. I know all this “copyrights” stuff is sensitive topic and they need to react fast, but c’mon guys, it’s not some new kid with one theme, it’s Elite author with 10 themes and almost 4k sales, they shoudn’t be treated that way. Closing account because of one image? Thats ridiculous.

438 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Pixelous says

Omg, wpCanyonThemes, could u say please that it was in the image?

73 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+1 more
MihaiMarcuta says

I understand if they disabled the account of a person who does not have much experience on marketplace but you’re an elite author and did a great input for this community. I think that authors like you should not be treated in such a harsh way, where’s the friendly policy? In such cases it is obligatory to announce that the account has the possibility of being disabled but it’s not for us to decide.

1383 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+1 more
wpCanyonThemes says

purethemes – Thanks. Even if it was 20 images, i think an author should be told that if they do not replace the images in a week for example, the account will be blocked. But blocking it out of the blue, that’s unacceptable.

PixelousThis is the image

Bluntaxe – Exactly. Thanks.

2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

This is ridiculous.

1587 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

This is a bit embarrassing…. and we all now how much money can be lost. So sorry guys, you have my sympathy, hope it gets resolved asap. Totalna nepravda :(

1028 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+7 more
purethemes says

purethemes – Thanks. Even if it was 20 images, i think an author should be told that if they do not replace the images in a week for example, the account will be blocked. But blocking it out of the blue, that’s unacceptable.

Sure thing, I wonder how it even works, let’s imagine I’ve bought some photo for my theme but someone claims it’s stolen, and I’m on vacations laying on the beach and don’t even know about it, then I come back and BAM ! no account, no money, nothing. Yes, I really feel safe with Envato now .

1823 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

If they treat someone that generated around $50,000 for Envato like this, I wonder what happens with the new authors or the one that don’t sell that good :P

One-week warning before the user removal is a decent way to fix it, I didn’t see something like this anywhere, to remove your account without any further warning or something.

2541 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

I wanted to update you guys to let you know I’m working with Slobodan and team right now to resolve this issue. It’s a bit complex but I think we’re very close to having this 100% resolved, I’ve also contacted some other staff members to do my best to speed things up for you. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by