7606 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Hmm, I believe I answered that earlier in this thread.

no, no answer yet.

Account disablements occurred due to a content policy review and certain violations.

disable the item, send a warning to the author and ask him to fix the issue, then, after some time the account is disabled. this doesn’t make sense and you said nothing about a software error on this part of the issue.

Account disablements

for a single photo on an elite account? when the author was warned and asked to fix the issue? Why not waiting for him to fix the issue if you asked him to fix it?

The delay in account re-enablement was due to a software issue that has already been identified and resolved.

No one said nothing about the re-enablement of the account. If that took longer because of some software problem we can understand.

632 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
Thecodingdude says

Envato needs to stop being completely ridiculous with this whole copyright issue – yes it’s important and has to be taken seriously, but disabling an account because they are using a copyrighted image? Seriously?

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Hi KarmaThemes, please let me know if there is some confusion with regards to the item you’re referencing. I see it’s still soft-disabled and has yet to be fixed, which is why your account would have been disabled pending receipt of required confirmation as described in the notification you received.

Hi Jarel, as I pointed out about a 10 times now, I’m not going to resubmit Kaytee HTML Theme as it’s 1) old and 2) not selling. Could you please just delete it?

EDIT : I CAN ’T delete it, and the notification came from do-not-reply@themeforest.net – so what should I do, and what should I have done???

Yes, I understood that you have no intention of resubmitting it. However, you said earlier that you had removed the content and your account was disabled for no reason, which wasn’t accurate so I assumed there must have been some confusion. I will contact you via your existing eSupport ticket regarding removal of this item.

One more thing, Jarel: The notification of the soft-disabled item is from do-not-reply@themeforest.net and in this e-mail, there’s no word about “required confirmation as described in the notification” Also, there is no word about a time frame thats expiration would lead to banning my whole marketplace account!

The notification I was referring to was regarding account disablement and came via our support system.

Hmm, I believe I answered that earlier in this thread.
no, no answer yet.

Hi doru, there seems to be some miscommunication here. These are the questions I answered from what you asked, which is quoted below. I will summarize from my earlier posts.

1) Based on this case from an elite author, what can be expected for everyone in the future? A) I don’t have an answer for this but I can say we will be sure to look at the process we used for the content policy review and consider modifications should we do another one in the future. Our legal director and/or marketplace GM will be able to respond with further clarity as soon as they are able.

2) Why did this happen? A) Account disablements occurred due to a content policy review and certain violations.

3) Was it a software or human error or was it on purpose? A) The answer to #2 indicates that it was done intentionally according to the content policy review process we had decided to use. However, as mentioned earlier in the thread, the reason the re-enablement of accounts were delayed was due to a software problem, which has since been resolved.

Hey doru, I’ve gone over your posts but I’m not sure which question you’re referring to that hasn’t been answered yet. Would you mind clarifying for me so that I may answer your question or make sure that another staff member does? Thanks!

yes off course.

On one side you have authors with elite status, well known partners of envato, authors who produced items for the marketplace and provided revenue for the company over the years. Off course is a mutual benefit relation, but my point is that is not a new author with 1 sale.

Yet envato chose to disable the account, arguably damaging the author sales, envato sales and the relations between envato and those authors. Also envato with this move made a bad impression on other authors (like me) who respect the rules off course, but are not elite or whatever.

My point is, if envato disable elite account for small issues that at least in a case had already been fixed by the author, what the rest of us could expect in the future?

We still have no explanation on why this over the top reaction happened, if it was a simple software or human error or it was on purpose.

Thank You

Account disablements occurred due to a content policy review and certain violations.

disable the item, send a warning to the author and ask him to fix the issue, then, after some time the account is disabled. this doesn’t make sense and you said nothing about a software error on this part of the issue.

Account disablements
for a single photo on an elite account? when the author was warned and asked to fix the issue? Why not waiting for him to fix the issue if you asked him to fix it?

We’ve noted your feedback (as well as the other feedback in this thread), thank you.

The delay in account re-enablement was due to a software issue that has already been identified and resolved.
No one said nothing about the re-enablement of the account. If that took longer because of some software problem we can understand.

This was mentioned earlier in the thread, which is what I thought you were referring to.

Hopefully this has clarified the questions I tried to answer earlier and, as I said before, our legal director and/or marketplace GM will be able to respond with further clarity as soon as they are able.

At this point, due to the length of the thread and nature of the conversation, if you have any other questions regarding what has been discussed here, please submit a support ticket and request to speak with Jarel. I will either answer your questions or refer them to our legal director or marketplace GM. Otherwise, let’s hold further posts to this thread until additional clarification has been posted by our legal director and/or marketplace GM.

Thanks everyone!

1411 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Located in Europe
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
Stylius says

I only asked if Collis knows about this because I know that he is one of the few people from the staff who really cares about the community. He answered my email and helped me with an interview although I’m not even an elite. I wonder what he has to say regarding how elite authors and the community on general are treated lately.

EDIT :

I just wanted to point two of the latest threads (which are still active)

http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/searching-for-an-answer/70018 http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/very-dissapointed-with-envato/70028

And of course this thread. They cannot deny that Envato’s quality when it comes to treating costumers and authors has dropped radically in the last months. And remember the tuts plus thing? I suggest Collis to say something about what is going on and why Envato is turning into **.

5565 posts
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

I only asked if Collis knows about this because I know that he is one of the few people from the staff who really cares about the community.

I think our Community team, of which I’m a part of, would find that somewhat surprising. Community is a huge focus for our business, and while Collis and the other directors help set that focus, everyone from the top down care about our community members.

1411 posts
  • Located in Europe
+7 more
Stylius says

I only asked if Collis knows about this because I know that he is one of the few people from the staff who really cares about the community.
I think our Community team, of which I’m a part of, would find that somewhat surprising. Community is a huge focus for our business, and while Collis and the other directors help set that focus, everyone from the top down care about our community members.

Travis, that was not directed to you in any way, I know that there are many people from the staff who care about the community. I’m just saying that lately there many complaints regarding security, illegal distribution, support and now this. I believe I’m not the only one who thinks that Envato is not what it used to be.

5565 posts
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

It’s true we’ve been short staffed in both our Dev and Support departments, and that has certainly caused some very regrettable delays. We’ve been slowly building up both of those teams to get back on top of it. And for your other concerns, I just sent off another email to see how we can address them better :)

7606 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Hi doru, there seems to be some miscommunication here.

I think you are right, but I can’t explain myself more than this.

Let’s take this following example from your answer.

2) Why did this happen? A) Account disablements occurred due to a content policy review and certain violations. 3) Was it a software or human error or was it on purpose? A) The answer to #2 indicates that it was done intentionally according to the content policy review process we had decided to use.

probably you want to say that action against the author had been taken because the author violated envato marketplace rules. And off course this was intentional from envato since they have all the rights and obligations to fight any issue that may damage the marketplace and the company

Please note that there is no post from an author in this thread protesting against the action taken by envato.

The purpose of this thread was and is, the way this issue had been handled by envato NOT if envato has the right to take action against the authors who break the rules.

Your answer is correct but I like to believe it has nothing to do with what I was asking. Because getting an answer like ” it was done intentionally according to the content policy review process we had decided to use.” for what I was asking is not nice. My question was: Why chose this over the top reaction against elite authors? Elite authors who just by their status managed to earn envato trust as said here:

The Best of the Best

The Program is structured to reward and recognize Envato’s most elite authors. We want to say thank you to these authors who lead the way for our community, who stand as beacons of talent and skill, and who make the rest of us normal folk feel warm basking in their glow.

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

I asked if Collis knows about this because I know that he is one of the few people from the staff who really cares about the community. He answered my email and helped me with an interview although I’m not even an elite. I wonder what he has to say regarding how elite authors and the community on general is treated lately.

I’m going to step out of my role as staff here for a moment and get a little personal. Bear in mind these are my personal thoughts and I’m quite tired at the moment.

Statements and threads like this can be quite hurtful and devaluing to people such as myself that give every ounce of effort and caring consideration to this community as is humanly possible — literally. Unfortunately the human body has limits, otherwise I would likely “work” around the clock, which I nearly do already more often than I care to admit. I enjoy it, I love it, it’s my passion and I believe in it.

I’m not working at Envato just to better the company itself; I’m working at Envato because I honestly believe in their mission (“to help people to earn and to learn, online“). I started with Envato as a buyer and in over three years, became an author, writer, reviewer, editor, customer support and now a manager. Heck, I’m also currently in the process of moving to Australia to more effectively accomplish my work and haven’t been home or seen my family in six months.

My life has been centered around the Envato community for over three years. Every. Single. Day. Why do I believe so strongly in Envato’s mission? Because I am part of the community. We are the community. And it’s about helping each other earn a living for ourselves and our families while bettering ourselves with affordable quality education.

With that said; I’m not the only staff that cares this much about the Envato community. Other staff may not be able to dedicate as much of their time, or may choose a different work/life balance, but they care no less than I do and it sucks to hear people say that so few of the staff really cares about the community. It can be really discouraging sometimes.

At the end of the day, no matter how difficult it has been, no matter what I’ve said out of frustration or stress, no matter how hurt I may be from members of the community — at the end of the day, I am thankful, appreciative and grateful for this community. And that’s why I get up and do it all over again day after day.

Regarding the treatment of elite authors and the community as of late, let me just say this; I am human and, unfortunately, I don’t always get things right on the first or second try, but, I can promise you, I listen to your feedback and do everything within my power to improve the process or do it right the next time around. When I do fail, I do my best to own to those failures as soon as I identify them.

So the next time you want to tear down staff or other parts of the Envato community publicly, try to remember that there are real, live, caring and feeling human beings on the other side of the conversation. As authors often say, our incomes are symbiotic — we have no intention or desire to hinder that. Although it can appear that way sometimes, we’re just trying to do our jobs as best we can but we’re all human and there are limits to our perfection and capabilities.

Let’s try to work together to make this community better so we can all have a better opportunity to earn and learn on these fantastical interwebs. Negativity does more damage than good and although you may not always feel heard, I can guarantee you myself and many others are on the other side of your screen hearing what you have to say and working hard at making things better.

Sorry for the long post everyone and, for anyone that actually managed to read it all :o , thank you! (And hopefully it all made sense because I’m zonkered! ;) )

1411 posts
  • Located in Europe
+7 more
Stylius says

Jremick I apologize for my comment, it was not my intention to sound offensive to you or any other member of the staff.

by
by
by
by
by
by