On another note; What happens if I use a Creative Commons image (free for commercial use) and the author of that image decides to change the license without me knowing?
Nothing happens until the author makes a complain. And if it will your item will be soft disabled of course.
sorry to read this guys, hope it will be resolved quickly, it is just not the right way to solve the problems like this.People can loose at this way money, buyers,clients and so on….
Do you know that situation? You read BAD news and feel like somethings creeping into the back of your head? You feel the heartbeat in your throat? You’re shocked and close to losing control?
That’s how I felt yesterday when I was deleted. Just so, without prior notice. Thanks envato, thanks themeforest for that and a sleepless night.I relied on you.
What?! You had your themes deleted? Same question as Kailoon, where is your paw?
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
- Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
- Beta Tester
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Referred between 10 and 49 users
jremick saidI confess that I don’t understand half of what you write here.
1) Details of the issues that led to disablements were listed in item disablements and the account disablement notification lists why it occurred.
2) This was a special case of a content policy review in which all authors received advanced notice of via author dashboard and our company Notes blog and was only temporary pending confirmation of a few points in the original message.
Normally we would have been able to re-enable accounts within 8 hours of receiving response from an author on the original notification ticket, but, as I said before, we ran into an unexpected issue that delayed the process. Everyone that has confirmed the necessary information has been re-enabled in less than 24 hours.
3) We’ve received feedback from authors involved and, in addition to the feedback here, will be sure to alter our process for future content policy reviews to best work with our community and avoid account disruption.
I think it’s important for everyone to understand that there were advanced notifications of the content policy review and that account disablements were due to issues we’ve been notifying our community about over the last several months and about how serious these issues can be. Overall, every author was re-enabled in less than 24 hours of receipt of confirmation of the information we required. (It would’ve been even less had we not experienced an unexpected marketplace error, which has also been identified and resolved.)Could the process have been handled better and in even less time? I believe so and I absolutely aim to make it so in any future content policy reviews.
The problem is that I don’t think that anyone has answered the question that has been posed several times on this thread.
and again +1
The problem is no staff member gives a clear answer. of course jremick wrote a lot or words but didn’t say anything. At least nothing understandable.
So is there another staff member around to clear things up? Because this behavior is not just ridiculous, it’s intolerable!
Off topic: @KarmaThemes Your paw is gone?
Yeah, must have been some unforseeable issue in the system. Today I’m just happy being able to send my withdrawal request.Don’t care for paws anymore.
Ah great and they just wrote, in thread that i started yesterday, that they didn’t noticed that something is wrong with ThemeForest Site