1734 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says

I find some things pretty disturbing:

• A lot of people are chiming in that elite authors should be allowed such mistakes “since they are not new here”. To me, that’s exactly a reason why this author should know the rules better.
  • A lot of people are complaining that disabling an account prevents them from making money. Making money with unauthorized usage of copyrighted images? The nerve…
  • In some countries this is considered a serious intellectual property crime, let alone the fact that money are involved.
  • Using copyrighted images (usually popular characters) gives a lot of unfair advantage to those authors, when a few themes come up to the buyer’s eye at the same page.

This is in no way directed personally towards Slobodan; neither claiming that delaying responses is normal; nor stating that punishment (disabling an account) is a working concept. It is just another view point.

590 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
CodeSwift says

Why the :| ?
Because it shoud have been resolved that quickly without Drew’s attention. Seeing KarmaThemes’ post I can see that’s some kind of new trend here – disabling accounts. Seriously, we make a living thanks to you, and you make a living thanks to us, how this could even happen. I wonder if Collis is up to date with the things happening here recently.

pretty much this

and because you make us appear like idiots.

You: “People, people! envato disabled my account! Help! I did nothing, except using Angelina Jolie photo but I didn’t know it was forbidden!”

Us: “Envato! You bad! Why did you disabled this author account? We know is his fault, but why not giving him a warning or something? Bad envato! Bad!”

You: “OK people, move along. Problem solved, envato is awesome!”

sorry :) you asked

Yeah, i knew the :| was short for that.

We just figured we should say that the issue is resolved. We’re thankful to Drew for speeding things up, he’s AWESOME . We did not say anything about Envato in general.

We got our account reactivated but that doesn’t mean we’re happy about this all of the sudden, we’re not kids, we don’t change our mind that easily. We’re not in North Korea, it’s a way too drastic measure for such an offence.

BUT , as i recently found out, there was a bug in the system which prevented the account from being reactivated so we can forgive them for the delay, no developer can write a bug-free code. But we can’t forgive the fact that it even came to disabling our account.

Hope that clears up our view on this :)

7390 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Hope that clears up our view on this :)

ok, thank you for clarification. :)

590 posts
+5 more
CodeSwift says

cmt

“A lot of people are chiming in that elite authors should be allowed such mistakes “since they are not new here”. To me, that’s exactly a reason why this author should know the rules better.”

I agree. We got the notification about the soft-disable of our item last Friday. Weekend came up and we decided to handle it this week, we thought there’s no rush because the item is soft-disabled so it’s not on the marketplace and it’s a very old HTML template so we won’t lose any money, it makes a sale per month. We simply had things of higher priority to handle.

“A lot of people are complaining that disabling an account prevents them from making money. Making money with unauthorized usage of copyrighted images? The nerve…”

Not long ago everyone was using copyrighted images, so i don’t agree with what you said. I’m sure you used them as well :)

7390 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Not long ago everyone was using copyrighted images, so i don’t agree with what you said. I’m sure you used them as well :)

actually this rule applied only on themeforest, the rest of the marketplace had never been allowed to use any content for preview if you were not able to provide a correct license. Reviewers checked if you had the license when you upload the item if I remember well, at least on activeden.

I remember countless threads on activeden forum of authors asked why themeforest authors can use Angelina Jolie photos and they can’t use that type of photos. (there was no clear answer)

590 posts
+5 more
CodeSwift says

actually this rule applied only on themeforest, the rest of the marketplace had never been allowed to use any content for preview if you were not able to provide a correct license. Reviewers checked if you had the license when you upload the item if I remember well, at least on activeden.

I remember countless threads on activeden forum of authors asked why themeforest authors can use Angelina Jolie photos and they can’t use that type of photos.

Interesting, i wasn’t aware of that. I don’t really visit any of the marketplaces besides Themeforest and occasionally Codecanyon.

3544 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

actually this rule applied only on themeforest, the rest of the marketplace had never been allowed to use any content for preview if you were not able to provide a correct license.

Have you ever visited GraphicRiver? :D

7390 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

actually this rule applied only on themeforest, the rest of the marketplace had never been allowed to use any content for preview if you were not able to provide a correct license.
Have you ever visited GraphicRiver? :D

why? what happened? you can use Angelina Jolie photos on graphicriver?

2002 posts
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
bitfade says

Reviewers checked if you had the license when you upload the item if I remember well, at least on activeden.
message to reviewer was bigger than item docs ….
266 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
Vasterad says

[Deleted]

by
by
by
by