4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
fotopolitka says

I bought template coled picks. Everything looked nice in the picture. When I was started working in workpress all proved to be difficult !

I want to change position of menu ! – Not possible ( on photos menu is on the top – not possible in wordpress ) I want to use some widgets. Not working easy…........I must read tone of texts to do simple thing. ( ex. facebook plugin – not working ) I want to change fonts – Not possible

I thought that these are products for people that do not use a programming language ! NOT TRUE !

Nothing it’s working here simple …......... Only changing colors it’s working corectly…...

And Yes ….. I have properly installed theme ….

585 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
AlexFjord says

Have you read the documentation with the theme? Have you posted your issues with the author in their forum? That theme is by an elite author so I doubt VERY much it is badly coded.

Things like repositioning the menu is not standard easy stuff it requires coding knowledge to modify the CSS files. That is customization and will most likely require you to get some paid help with. I am sure you can change fonts easily in the theme options.

WP is easy to use in most cases and does not require coding knowledge however a basic grasp of how to use it is of course needed on occasions, especially if you plan to make structural changes to the design.

1703 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

Before coming to Themeforest or any other marketplace, first make sure you have some basic knowledge, nobody is there to teach you things.

4 posts
fotopolitka says

you are quite right about.

But the marketing created on this site do not realize that these are the templates for advanced users.

I know how to make changes in code. But when I buying product like this I thought I will make site quickly and it will be looks like on the picture beforme buying.

I do not blame anyone, but it should be writing about the fact that this sample page is created using programming code and it’s not quickly made stuff

296 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
crossroad says

That theme is by an elite author so I doubt VERY much it is badly coded.

Not pointing to any specific theme, but just wanted to say that the code quality has nothing to with the ‘elite’ badge. Theme from elite doesn’t automatically mean that it has high quality code.

407 posts
  • Located in Europe
PaddyTaylor says

@crossroad you are right but most elites have produced a number of accepted items and it is a fair assumptions their code is good.

@photopolitka I am pretty certain that to get to how the demo looks does not require any programming or code writing-most likely an XML import-again most likely in the documentation. As Alex rightfully pointed out stuff like repositioning the menu is not standard or how the theme is demoed and would require code knowledge as it is a customisation.

Have you read the documentation that comes with the file that should tell you how to make it look like the demo using WP and short codes without the need for you to program anything?

4 posts
fotopolitka says

Yes. I have read documentation.

But on the first screen demo of this theme I see menu on the top of site.

There’s no option to move menu in different places in easy way.

I see nice theme…....I like position of menu…..i bought this theme….and i don’t have menu on the top of the site….....this is strange to me…...

So now….i’m gonna learn some hundred pages of documentation and I will let you know ….....

407 posts
  • Located in Europe
PaddyTaylor says

Have you activated the menu? WP admin > appearance > menus and assign the right menu to the right bit.

4 posts
fotopolitka says

yes. I know how to move in wordpress. Thanks. But there’s no options to move menu….right or left. No visual options – fonts, shape of sub menu…....nothing…...

So i must do everything in code…....but I don’t want to do this ‘couse always it’s a risk to damage something.

3247 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

yes. I know how to move in wordpress. Thanks. But there’s no options to move menu….right or left. No visual options – fonts, shape of sub menu…....nothing…... So i must do everything in code…....but I don’t want to do this ‘couse always it’s a risk to damage something.

that would require coding knowledge, it wouldn’t be smart to make those kind of options for everything as it would pretty resource heavy and slow site down tremendously.

what you want would require CSS editing and you should be using a child theme for modifications http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

by
by
by
by
by
by