22 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Japan
halogenic says

I’ve been wanting to use this site, but it needs significantly more images and a better search system.

I just did a search for “truck” and ended up with images of fruit on the forth page of the search results.

If I search for “isolated truck” (as in truck on a white background) I get 20 images of fruit on the first page of the search results.

449 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+5 more
vahid Envato team says

Ouch – those spiky pineapples appear everywhere! :-O

Seriously, thanks Halogenic for the tip on two search queries that generate poor results. We’re always looking for queries that perform poorly so improve our algorithms (we used to have problems with searching for “orange” or “oranges” for example).

I think in this case having a larger library would seriously help. We’re still very much small fry compared to the big boys!! Fortunately, we seem to be growing fast. Since launching in August we have doubled from 200,000 images to 450,000 images and I can say the rate of uploads is only increasing!! :-D

Please let us know if you find other particularly poor performing queries and we will add them to our list of the weird and wonderful that need work. :-)

22 posts
  • Located in Japan
halogenic says

Hi vahid, thanks for the detailed reply. That is great to hear. I look forward to seeing the site grow.

449 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+5 more
vahid Envato team says

Just recalled this thread and went to try those two searches again.

Trucks – 15 pages vs 4 pages now before the spiky pineapples show their face.

Isolated Trucks – 4 pages vs 1 page before they appear.

So – the library vol has helped (x2.5 larger) as well as some tweaks to search. We’ll be working further improvements to search starting around May-ish but I think that might be more around the faceted search though there will likely be some improvements to relevancy.

Lots to do!

22 posts
  • Located in Japan
halogenic says

That’s great news. Many thanks for the update.

by
by
by
by
by
by