49 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
IFT_FILMS says

After spending nearly the best part on an hour to find the right music to my film, I’m just writing this to remind the Audiojungle that this website is perfect, has a lot of music to offer, but unfortunately it takes forever to find the right songs. If I had a list of priorities, improving the search engine of this site would be definitely on top. It takes forever and many times we have to post an item request, which is great but sometimes not practical. Please consider this message for your list of future improvements. Thank you.

393 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Twisterium says

Hi IFT _FILMS!. I’m absolutely agree with you. And really hope Envato developers will noticed your message. This question is being discussed for a long time. Thanks for a call.

705 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+3 more
LucaFormicola says

You know what, what you think should be improved? I mean, once you write a keyword, for example “fear”, once you restrict all the “fear” songs to the genre you need, you only have to listen to them..

49 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
IFT_FILMS says

“Fear” is a very strict topic. Try typing “industry” or “happy”.

Here go a few suggestions:

- a much more thorough separation of music genres and introduction of new ones (songs with ukelele and mallets should be separated urgently since they’re appearing all over the place; the ability to know if the song was recorded only with synthesized instruments or with real ones, etc.)

- ability to sort files by duration

- the ability to sort files by bpm

- search of files with strict combinations of heywords, like “fear + trance + emotional”

- being able to find an author by name in the search box (if you type his name you won’t find him)

- a more effective “similar music” feature

I can’t remember, but I’m sure there are more suggestions I could make. Thank you!

1549 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
SoundFix says

- a much more thorough separation of music genres and introduction of new ones (songs with ukelele and mallets should be separated urgently since they’re appearing all over the place; the ability to know if the song was recorded only with synthesized instruments or with real ones, etc.)

- search of files with strict combinations of heywords, like “fear + trance + emotional”

- being able to find an author by name in the search box (if you type his name you won’t find him)

I can’t remember, but I’m sure there are more suggestions I could make. Thank you!

Great suggestions, especially the name one, I would love to be able to type an authors name and just find them easily without searching through tracks etc

506 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Located in Italy
+1 more
bosone says

i agree with you, since i also suggested filtering files by duration in the past but the message got no answer! filtering by BPM is also a nice idea… btw I never fill that infomration… damn! :)

1001 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
simaudio says

I agree and this topic has been discussed many times.

If it’s of any help you can search duration by simply adding (for example 2:10) in the search box and it will come up with some results but I’ve found by doing this it mainly comes up with tracks in music packs, this is because the duration time has to be added in the track description, how accurate this really is I’m not sure, it does work to some degree.

As for the similar items….well they are not really similar at all, only by tag and title, not musically.

311 posts
+3 more
AudioAgent says

+1

1049 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+7 more
Sonicbyte says

+1

Also search by instrument could be useful (piano, guitar, etc)

292 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
SchwartzSound says

+1 Also search by instrument could be useful (piano, guitar, etc)

Technically as long as authors have included the instrumentation in the item description and/or keywords (many do) you can already easily search by instrument.

by
by
by
by
by
by