35 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
zemotion says

Hi everyone,

I come to you just after submitting my first WP template, which… has been rejected for those reasons:

1) The overall design. typography, graphics and visual hierarchy need improvements. 2) Further, we have many similar templates with similar layout and this template failed to stand out. 3) Please re-submit after you make significant improvements.

I am quite disappointed cos I did submit twice and the first time the second reason wasn’t noted, so I spend weeks to fixed it for in the end get that my design/layout is to similar than many others… I know that I could make it nicer but the fact that it is too similar that I don’t get it.

Please, guys tell what do you thing about it, if yes it is useless to appear in the marketplace or other way it have a good chance. Btw I will not list all the functionality but it has unlimited skin backgrounds, unlimited sidebars, 16 custom widgets, blabla…

WEBSITE

Need your help, please! :crying:

Many thanks.

367 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in Denmark
+1 more
UI20 says

I think the white part with the yellow font needs more work. It doesn’t stand well with the header area which looks much better. Maybe give the white paper some details or texture or something. Don’t use that weak yellow for the links. It fades into the white. Clean up the elements a bit with a stronger grid maybe. Reduce line height in the featured area.

Other than that I don’t think it is bad. Better than a lot of other themes on Themeforest. The problem may be due to lack of clean elements and a bit of inconsistency with the choice of colors and typography.

35 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
zemotion says
I think the white part with the yellow font needs more work. It doesn’t stand well with the header area which looks much better. Maybe give the white paper some details or texture or something. Don’t use that weak yellow for the links. It fades into the white. Clean up the elements a bit with a stronger grid maybe. Reduce line height in the featured area. Other than that I don’t think it is bad. Better than a lot of other themes on Themeforest. The problem may be due to lack of clean elements and a bit of inconsistency with the choice of colors and typography.

Hi UI20 ,

I’m glad to hear that, thanks. I completely agreed with the typography choice maybe to thick and not clean. For the yellow color it is just one in the 17 other colors you can choose from, but I’ll maybe work on the white part and makes it not 100% white and add some noise too. Good catch for the line height in the slider ;)

One question, What do you mean by lack of element? You think is to simple, to flat?

Thanks

367 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in Denmark
+1 more
UI20 says

What I mean by element are the areas surrounded by white space, like a text area. For a front page ish presentation I would go with a cleaner presentation of those elements following a grid maybe.

Like 3 text boxes side by side or some other way of aligning the elements more even annd keep a contextual consistency too with the frontpage of the CMS .

I hope this makes sense.

35 posts
+2 more
zemotion says
What I mean by element are the areas surrounded by white space, like a text area. For a front page ish presentation I would go with a cleaner presentation of those elements following a grid maybe.

Like 3 text boxes side by side or some other way of aligning the elements more even annd keep a contextual consistency too with the frontpage of the CMS .

I hope this makes sense.

Make sense, thanks for you help, I’ll work on that.

367 posts
+1 more
UI20 says

You can always try to identify how elements are arranged in the top themes and go from there. There is a certain trend in how to do that but also a couple of best practices.

Good luck with it.

35 posts
+2 more
zemotion says
You can always try to identify how elements are arranged in the top themes and go from there. There is a certain trend in how to do that but also a couple of best practices. Good luck with it.

While I look at the top themes and most common themes I can see that is always the same corporate design/layout that came out everytime, my design is kind of unusual, might be a part of that the reviewer said it will not stand out, I don’t know I think I will give up on this theme or may be try a last time with your advices and see.

Thanks a lot mate, I appreciate your help.

204 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 500+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
r0nka says

Use other font the titles and menu and every where you used this font. line up the titles in the middle section (“About”“Feature” and etc..)

Besides that .. I pretty much like the theme.

35 posts
+2 more
zemotion says
Use other font the titles and menu and every where you used this font. line up the titles in the middle section (“About”“Feature” and etc..) Besides that .. I pretty much like the theme.

Hi r0nka,

I’ll definitely change that font, more people noticed it more I gonna think it is odd. Thanks the line up for those title, didn’t notice they wasn’t properly align with the left margin ;)

Glad you like it, let’s hope it will be accepted.

Cheers mate

1012 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
wizylabs says

You have something wrong with the footer, the site map link is dropped of the line for some reason

by
by
by
by
by
by