30 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
ThemePalette says

Paying for a product surely means that you expect it to work as described and get the most out of it, but buying a theme does not include a slave in the zip file…

I am setting up forums for support. Just wanted to ask if you have any copyright on above statement :D
117 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • India
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
+1 more
Codestag says

Paying for a product surely means that you expect it to work as described and get the most out of it, but buying a theme does not include a slave in the zip file…

I am setting up forums for support. Just wanted to ask if you have any copyright on above statement :D

Hehe, no :) Go ahead and make this as clear as possible :P

5759 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

^ Obviously slaves are not included in the zip file. They are available in the comment section! :D

457 posts
  • Austria
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
iHelp says

Basically what the OP said plus the necessity of informations like website URL, login details, browser and OS, theme and WP version right away, especially if they got something that screams “we need to log in to investigate”.
That could be crucial for the solving speed, and a fast turnaround is the goal for both sides.

In the end we have emotions like sympathy and humour, so I find myself pleasantly enjoying taking care of the funny, humble or likable users way more, which means I don’t mind spending additional time on their requests, which again means granting them a tad more customizations than I would be able to usually.

…¬†and we know they all have “oh, and while I have you here…” requests ;)

Luckily, at the end of the day I’ve met a majority of fantastic, wonderful and enjoyable people along the months of full time supporting,
and if I would take them all literally I got more proposals, houses, dogs, high fives and hugs than I got middle fingers :)

I’d say it’s a win!
A big thank you to all the awesome users out there :)

367 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
pixelgrade says

The most annoying thing that I find about customers is when they give a 1 or 2 star rating (but mainly 1) without ever asking for support or anything. I find that extremely rude.

117 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • India
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
Codestag says

The most annoying thing that I find about customers is when they give a 1 or 2 star rating (but mainly 1) without ever asking for support or anything. I find that extremely rude.

+1

Also, if you do not agree to make a customization for free you probably go for 1-2 stars ;)

631 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
UBLThemes says

I sometimes find that the ones that you spend hours supporting are the ones which give the 1*.

Ive had it a few times where ive customised a site slightly just because not a lot of support was on so I thought might as well, and when finished the buyer then asks for more customisations which I return with saying I cant do anymore customisations… Which they return, support is bad im giving a 1 star rating.

367 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
pixelgrade says

This is why I so much expect Envato to introduce ratings + reviews (Amazon style). This is the norm right now. Envato is behind on this one, and it’s a shame because good items get burried for no good reason.

by
by
by
by
by
by