945 posts
  • Blog Interview
  • Trendsetter
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
abhimanyusharma003
says

This looks like a great find, but what would users think? Saving one click is awesome, but it might scare users who is not familiar with envato marketplaces, no? Imaging, you click a link and then you are redirected to another page with a popup window which overlays actual content… Definitely A/B testings are required :D

I pretty much agree with you.

330 posts Keeping Things Simple
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • 3 Years of Membership
+10 more
cmoreira
says

I implemented this early in July when this thread was created and the results for the month were very similar to June. So far can’t really say if it good to implement or not. Anyone else implemented this last month and can compare data with the previous months?

5441 posts
  • Author Level 11
  • Winner
  • 6 Years of Membership
+20 more
dtbaker
says

So I have about 10 different “Download Now” links from my “landing site” to the market. And I have one big “Buy Now” button. The single “Buy Now” button is the only one with the “lightbox” feature on it.

This single “Buy Now” button had the highest conversion rate (but not the highest revenue):

I’ll try changing all the “Download Now” button text to “Buy Now” and add the lightbox feature to them. This way everyone will know they are about to buy something before clicking the link. I will then compare the analytics statistics before and after the button text/lightbox changes. Will report back in a few weeks.

839 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Winner
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Trendsetter
+10 more
wpbakery
says

I’m currently looking into a/b testing solutions for WP site. will do my tests too. Btw, anyone can recommend wp plugin for that?

5441 posts
  • Author Level 11
  • Winner
  • 6 Years of Membership
+20 more
dtbaker
says

If you find a good plugin let me know. If not, I might just link to a simple php script that randomly redirects outbound traffic to either lightbox or no lightbox page.

839 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Winner
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Trendsetter
+10 more
wpbakery
says

If you find a good plugin let me know. If not, I might just link to a simple php script that randomly redirects outbound traffic to either lightbox or no lightbox page.

I think random is a bad thing, that way you can’t understand is it working or it’s random :D

p.s. didn’t find good solution for a/b testing so far…

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

Not sure what is Envato’s official stance on this but this could endup harmful these ways:

1. Someone doesn’t read the item description and about to purchase. We may claim they read it externally but there is no guarantee about the content of external ads.

2. What if an Envato clone does the same thing? (I won’t explain further possibilities but its scary)

5441 posts
  • Author Level 11
  • Winner
  • 6 Years of Membership
+20 more
dtbaker
says

Well I released a new item after changing the “Download Now” to “Buy Now” so that kinda messed with my analytics. The conversion rate did drop (it could have just been people browsing the new item though). I’ll be looking at it more closely.

5441 posts
  • Author Level 11
  • Winner
  • 6 Years of Membership
+20 more
dtbaker
says

Just digging up this old forum thread

There’s a way to do this with the new “public” add to cart feature.

Some details here: http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/a-shopping-cart-for-new-and-signed-out-users/179559?page=2&message_id=1282624#1282624

Enjoy!

2280 posts
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Community Superstar
  • Industrious API Inventor
+15 more
revaxarts
says

Hey Dave!

The idea is great but on mobile its a bit misleading. I get redirected after a view seconds to the checkout page without any info of the item

Best to do it on desktop only!?

by
by
by
by
by
by