17 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
jtopenshaw says

Does anyone have any thoughts on this new program? Here is the new plan if you have not seen it yet.

http://www.studiodaily.com/2013/05/adobe-doubles-down-on-creative-cloud-adopts-subscription-only-software-model/#disqus_thread
90 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
comeero says

hmmm… I don’t like it. I just hate subscription plans or contracts like this :-(

742 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+3 more
GrizzleFX says

I’m already paying for a CS6 subscription, it’s working out fine for me.

342 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
StencilMedia says

Works fine for me, been on Creative Cloud for the last year, and was on an AE CS5.5 subscription for a year before that. No problems, cheap as chips, all good.

1265 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

wow that sucks. like windows o/s, I usually skip a version and buy every other year. no way I’m shelling out $840/year for adoughbe stuff. I’ll stick with what I’ve got for the next few years at least.

Of course you realize they’ll jack up the monthly rates over time as well, most likely in a couple years you’ll be spending $129/month+ or $1-$2k/year for access to their software. Let’s not drink the koolaid, we should all just stick with our (up to) CS6 software for the years ahead.

5076 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

wow that sucks. like windows o/s, I usually skip a version and buy every other year. no way I’m shelling out $840/year for adoughbe stuff. I’ll stick with what I’ve got for the next few years at least. Of course you realize they’ll jack up the monthly rates over time as well, most likely in a couple years you’ll be spending $129/month+ or $1-$2k/year for access to their software. Let’s not drink the koolaid, we should all just stick with our (up to) CS6 software for the years ahead.

The entire Adobe suite for $840 a year represents the most astonishing value for money, and the price has done nothing but drop over the last 20 years. I expect that trend to continue. The entire Adobe suite for $840/year represents a continuation of those falling prices. For someone using Adobe products professionally, this cost is an absolute drop in the ocean. Don’t forget, this software enables everything we do.

In actual fact, because every user of Adobe products will effectively be always up to date, it will make life significantly easier for template producers. It will mean that all buyers have the latest version and all buyers have all Adobe products. That’s the end of a major headache, supporting tired old versions. That means more time spent on creative design and innovation work. That means better templates for buyers.

And I suspect they went over to this model because they tried it out with CS6 and masses of people went over to it… because it’s easier and it represents better value for money.

Ken, I know you don’t like change, ;-) but if you decide to save money by sticking with CS6 for the rest of your days, you might just be scoring a major own goal.

4905 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

My opinion might be a big biased because I’m an active Creative Cloud subscriber, but I personally LOVE the CC service and honestly hate the fact that it wasn’t available earlier. I used to buy the software, and pricing alone prevented me from not getting annual updates. With how much I use their software, being able to access the entire Master Collection, plus a lot more small tools (and all of their beta stuff) makes everything so much more affordable. Having the latest and greatest at all times (getting every update) is just icing on the cake. When I realized that I pay more than 2x the cost of my subscription for my monthly cell phone bill, and my cell phone does not facilitate me being able to actually work helped me realize just how good of a deal it really is.

The one thing I’m hoping for now that it’s the only option is more frequent and regular updates. I’d rather get a monthly update as new features/bugs fixes are rolled out than having to get a massive once per year update. It made sense when they were still working with non-subscribers, but now that it’s subscription only, I’d really like to see them go this route with updates.

2154 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
Creattive says

you pay 100 bucks per month for your cell phone contract? I think you need to update that :P

AmigoProductions
AmigoProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
143 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
AmigoProductions says

One of the biggest advantages of the CC service is the fact you get access to ALL adobe products. Personally I love that idea because I really like exploring new fields and software.

I’m still not sure if I’m happy with paying Adobe for the rest of my life.. But I guess that if you do the math and anyway plan to upgrade every second CS cycle, you’d end up paying more money than with the CC plan (definitely if you buy the master collection).

In actual fact, because every user of Adobe products will effectively be always up to date, it will make life significantly easier for template producers. It will mean that all buyers have the latest version and all buyers have all Adobe products. That’s the end of a major headache, supporting tired old versions. That means more time spent on creative design and innovation work. That means better templates for buyers.
That’s a very good point!
101 posts See those pixels dance!
+7 more
happycreative says

Probably depends on what software you use and how often.

My ‘day job’ as graphic designer means I use Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign all day long. Have also used Flash and Dreamweaver. Making templates here means I obviously use After Effects and doing other jobs on the side means I use Premiere Pro, Encore and Audition too. At some stage might dabble in making publications for tablets, using more apps/software/services offered by Creative Cloud. So for me its worth it. But can understand how it might be frustrating if you only use ONE of Adobe’s software/programs. For you it might be worth buying the current software and see how long you can work with it. But as someone who use to buy the packages (spending big money every second or third upgrade) you do fall behind very quickly if you don’t have the latest versions. Maybe now even more so than a few years back.

by
by
by
by
by
by