138 posts
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 5
  • Collector Level 3
  • Exclusive Author
WPHead
says

1. Ability to Transfer Funds Between Accounts

Would be very useful if we could transfer funds between accounts. I.e., for when you love a author’s theme and think he/she deserves a bit more than the Envato prices and want to send them a few extra bucks, or when someone helps you in the forum and you want to send them a few credits as a thank you. Would also be very useful for co-authors or authors wanting to provide discounts on themes.

2. Sending Items as a Gift

Would be awesome if there was an option to purchase a theme for someone as a gift and send it to their account.

3. Ability to Like Themes

I know there’s a Facebook like button on the items, but if there was a built in like feature, then you could add a “Top Liked Theme’s” list just like the Popular Items list. I believe this would help increase sales for the beautiful themes that receive great feedback from the community, but often don’t get as much sales as they deserve.

Just some ideas :)

3439 posts
  • Author Level 4
  • Collector Level 2
  • Community Superstar
  • United States
+2 more
organicbee
says
WPHead said

Would be very useful if we could transfer funds between accounts. I.e., for when you love a author’s theme and think he/she deserves a bit more than the Envato prices and want to send them a few extra bucks, or when someone helps you in the forum and you want to send them a few credits as a thank you. Would also be very useful for co-authors or authors wanting to provide discounts on themes.

Would be awesome if there was an option to purchase a theme for someone as a gift and send it to their account.

I know there’s a Facebook like button on the items, but if there was a built in like feature, then you could add a “Top Liked Theme’s” list just like the Popular Items list. I believe this would help increase sales for the beautiful themes that often don’t get as much sales as they deserve.

Just some ideas :)

1. I don’t think that could happen for simple security/accounting reasons

2. I think that’d be a really cool feature to add but rather see something like better support forums/api integration complete for authors

3. there use to be something similar when ever an item was put in a collection it use to be in the sidebar of the item so like in 20 collections etc…

1095 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Power Elite Author
  • Author Level 12
  • Featured Author
  • Featured Item
+13 more
Parallelus
says
WPHead said

There are probably a lot of reasons for this not to happen. Among them: It could be a ton of work and doesn’t benefit Envato at all; security issues; added accounting overhead…

WPHead said

I think that “gift cards” would be ok. I don’t think that’s what you meant but it’s where my head went. That could really help to solve the “can I give away a theme in a competition” question by simply giving someone a $35 credit with a virtual gift card. I can think of a lot of reasons this would be great for Envato and they all start with ”$” at the beginning.

Holiday season’s almost here, better get to work devs. :)

WPHead said

Seems like duplication even if it is, a different “like” it’s still yet another way to “like” something. I really think there are far too many of these already. This sounds like a suggestion for an “Envato +1” button.

1787 posts
  • Winner
  • Author Level 4
  • Exclusive Author
  • 5 Years of Membership
+2 more
VisualSharing
says

Those nice people who want to donate you some extra money will always find a way to do it.

I like the idea of the other two suggestions, with Parallelus’ corrections in my mind.

by
by
by
by
by
by