138 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
WPHead says

1. Ability to Transfer Funds Between Accounts

Would be very useful if we could transfer funds between accounts. I.e., for when you love a author’s theme and think he/she deserves a bit more than the Envato prices and want to send them a few extra bucks, or when someone helps you in the forum and you want to send them a few credits as a thank you. Would also be very useful for co-authors or authors wanting to provide discounts on themes.

2. Sending Items as a Gift

Would be awesome if there was an option to purchase a theme for someone as a gift and send it to their account.

3. Ability to Like Themes

I know there’s a Facebook like button on the items, but if there was a built in like feature, then you could add a “Top Liked Theme’s” list just like the Popular Items list. I believe this would help increase sales for the beautiful themes that receive great feedback from the community, but often don’t get as much sales as they deserve.

Just some ideas :)

3231 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says
WPHead said

Would be very useful if we could transfer funds between accounts. I.e., for when you love a author’s theme and think he/she deserves a bit more than the Envato prices and want to send them a few extra bucks, or when someone helps you in the forum and you want to send them a few credits as a thank you. Would also be very useful for co-authors or authors wanting to provide discounts on themes.

Would be awesome if there was an option to purchase a theme for someone as a gift and send it to their account.

I know there’s a Facebook like button on the items, but if there was a built in like feature, then you could add a “Top Liked Theme’s” list just like the Popular Items list. I believe this would help increase sales for the beautiful themes that often don’t get as much sales as they deserve.

Just some ideas :)

1. I don’t think that could happen for simple security/accounting reasons

2. I think that’d be a really cool feature to add but rather see something like better support forums/api integration complete for authors

3. there use to be something similar when ever an item was put in a collection it use to be in the sidebar of the item so like in 20 collections etc…

1036 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+10 more
Parallelus says
WPHead said

There are probably a lot of reasons for this not to happen. Among them: It could be a ton of work and doesn’t benefit Envato at all; security issues; added accounting overhead…

WPHead said

I think that “gift cards” would be ok. I don’t think that’s what you meant but it’s where my head went. That could really help to solve the “can I give away a theme in a competition” question by simply giving someone a $35 credit with a virtual gift card. I can think of a lot of reasons this would be great for Envato and they all start with ”$” at the beginning.

Holiday season’s almost here, better get to work devs. :)

WPHead said

Seems like duplication even if it is, a different “like” it’s still yet another way to “like” something. I really think there are far too many of these already. This sounds like a suggestion for an “Envato +1” button.

1734 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says

Those nice people who want to donate you some extra money will always find a way to do it.

I like the idea of the other two suggestions, with Parallelus’ corrections in my mind.

by
by
by
by
by
by