403 posts I <3 WordPress
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+9 more
BoxyStudio says
wptitans said
Nice work Justin, looking good. One question. Will it be released for free or paid subscriptions?

Cost isn’t completely locked in place so I don’t want to give you specific numbers. Ticksy is being marketed as the affordable support system, so it will be very affordable. We may or may not have a completely free version, but it’s still being worked out.

What are your thoughts? Would a free version make sense if we had to cut out some features and apply some limitations? Or would you pay a monthly fee for the fully featured “unlimited” version? If so, what would you be willing to pay to easily support your customers?

2063 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Landonw says
jscheetz said
wptitans said
Nice work Justin, looking good. One question. Will it be released for free or paid subscriptions?

Cost isn’t completely locked in place so I don’t want to give you specific numbers. Ticksy is being marketed as the affordable support system, so it will be very affordable. We may or may not have a completely free version, but it’s still being worked out.

What are your thoughts? Would a free version make sense if we had to cut out some features and apply some limitations? Or would you pay a monthly fee for the fully featured “unlimited” version? If so, what would you be willing to pay to easily support your customers?

I think something like $10-$15 a month would be fair, but I don’t know what all you offer.

403 posts I <3 WordPress
  • Won a competition
+9 more
BoxyStudio says
LandonWilson said
I think something like $10-$15 a month would be fair, but I don’t know what all you offer.

This is pretty much right in line with our thinking, but we will have probably one more even cheaper option. We want Ticksy to be affordable to the average Envato freelancer. Most of us can’t afford ZenDesk, let alone deal with that feature bloat.

Ticksy aims to just be simple, effective support.

2063 posts
Landonw says
jscheetz said
LandonWilson said

This is pretty much right in line with our thinking, but we will have probably one more even cheaper option. We want Ticksy to be affordable to the average Envato freelancer. Most of us can’t afford ZenDesk, let alone deal with that feature bloat.

Ticksy aims to just be simple, effective support.

It’d be really neat if you could make a demo thing too, so authors could have theme demos on ticksy too. You know, with a themeswitcher (That they can style) to all of their other themes :grin:

403 posts I <3 WordPress
  • Won a competition
+9 more
BoxyStudio says
LandonWilson said
It’d be really neat if you could make a demo thing too, so authors could have theme demos on ticksy too. You know, with a themeswitcher (That they can style) to all of their other themes :grin:

That’s actually a great idea… I’ll add it to our feature request list!

2063 posts
Landonw says
jscheetz said
LandonWilson said
That’s actually a great idea… I’ll add it to our feature request list!

Now I’m excited! :superbashfulcute:

271 posts The Dominant One
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
wptitans says
jscheetz said
wptitans said

I’m definitely wiling pay a fee each month if the app is fulfilling our support needs. So i prefer a paid version with all the option available.

I remembered one support system running through twitter being released recently and was exiting to use it only because of it’s interface. It was really designed very well. but then i saw those ridiculous prices of 99 a month. This was a real bummer m8 and a bad decision from the creator.

So I’m always wiling to pay for good stuff as long as it’s affordable since it’s a monthly subscription.

Maybe you can ad 3 different subscription levels for the amount of support staff. 5 users 15 a month, 10 users 25 and 25 users 50 a month.

Just some ideas ;). Nice work Justin.

Regards,
Hein

403 posts I <3 WordPress
  • Won a competition
+9 more
BoxyStudio says
wptitans said
I’m definitely wiling pay a fee each month if the app is fulfilling our support needs. So i prefer a paid version with all the option available.

Great feedback from you, much appreciated. I feel like we’re right on the money with our thoughts on pricing.

wptitans said
I remembered one support system running through twitter being released recently and was exiting to use it only because of it’s interface. It was really designed very well. but then i saw those ridiculous prices of 99 a month. This was a real bummer m8 and a bad decision from the creator.

Yep, this is exactly the hole in the market we want to fill. Affordable support that just works. So many systems are either cheap and useless or feature-rich and expensive. Or a mixture of both.

701 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
chrismccoy says

looks good ;)

87 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Austria
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market