168 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in Australia
+2 more
michaeldale says

Sorry not trying to hijack, we had an account with Ticksy too, just needed something stable, which is why we moved to our own system.

Does Ticksy do email download & replies yet? That was the main thing we needed.

398 posts I <3 WordPress
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Located in United States Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Won a competition
+9 more
BoxyStudio says

Hey guys, sorry we’ve been so silent for a while. It’s quite ironic that Ticksy support has been so bad recently and I apologize. I’m having a meeting with my co-founder this week to go through a bunch of tough business-related decisions.

While I’d love to keep Ticksy running, it’s starting to become more of a burden to me personally. I don’t want to ruin the relationships I’ve built over the years in the Envato community from a system like Ticksy falling apart and essentially making a lot of authors mad at me. ;)

I’m a full-time author now, which means supporting my family is entirely based on my WordPress theme business. I need to put full focus into what works for me and I’m not totally sure if Ticksy will fit into that focus anymore.

Like I said, I’m going to be discussing it this week with my partner and I’d like to come up with a solution that keeps Ticksy running, even if it isn’t me running it. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for all of the Ticksy fans out there, you’ve been amazing throughout the entire process.

I’ll keep everyone updated here. Stay tuned and thank you again.

Oh and @michaeldale, totally unprofessional. :notfunny:

168 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in Australia
+2 more
michaeldale says

Oh and @michaeldale, totally unprofessional. :notfunny:

Well we can agree to disagree. I would never charge clients for a buggy unsupported application, that is unprofessional.

1420 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+3 more
WebSmacker says

^ you just lost any respect I had for you…

713 posts
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
LCweb says

Hi Justin, of course as full-time author I understand you, but then you should make a definitive decision. These “push and pull” are terrible for Ticksy’s reputation and for author’s life.

Swift suggestion:
why don’t you give the option to purchase Ticksy’s code?
Since you are busy and can’t fix certain things, I think authors/developers would be glad to run their own copy and do everything by themselves.

Or at least.. passing 1/4 of my day on it, sounds a great alternative to me. Ticksy is so nicely focused on Envato support that I’d prefer to setup everything with it instead of purchasing another system or use bbPress.

1333 posts
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
fuelthemes says

Hi Justin, I think one reason that you think its not worth your while is that Ticksy is very cheap at the moment. I am surprised it covers your hosting.

So why don’t you charge a little bit more and add some long-awaited features and be done with it.

With version 2, I don’t think there are many stuff left to be done.

185 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
visualkicks says

Hi Justin,

I’ve only used ticksy once before, but considering how many authors use is it, Im sure there would be people interested in purchasing it from you. Hell, I would love to know how much it would cost for you to part with it.

You should seriously consider that option! Im sure there would be serious buyers who would love to take over from what you have already built. You would have to provide those people with all the user numbers, monthly turn over etc. Food for thought!! :)

168 posts
+2 more
michaeldale says

I doubt anyone wants to deal with me, but I still have capital, cloud infrastructure and developers that could help this platform move forward.

I would be happy to go in with another author to maintain and develop it separate from our existing system.

713 posts
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
LCweb says

Is not a matter of ignoring but this is Ticksy’s thread and we are discussing about problems we’re having.

You should open your own thread describing the service. Would be surely more correct

168 posts
+2 more
michaeldale says

Is not a matter of ignoring but this is Ticksy’s thread and we are discussing about problems we’re having. You should open your own thread describing the service. Would be surely more correct

I thought my last post was on topic! haha. I am serious about maintaining Ticksy with another author (or just my company).

All depends on cost.

I think Ticksy fills a good niche. Bluetrait has been really popular with larger non-envato authors, but not so much the < 10 staff users, I think both products can easily exist.

by
by
by
by
by
by