107 posts Too Much is Never Enough
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
premitheme says

Hi, thinking about moving to “ticksy” support system. But I’m confused which is better to start with, a “public support system” or private one.

The public mode is more like a forum so tickets can be answered by other buyers and any body with similar case can see the answer directly without opening new ticket, this is the main if not only advantage of the public mode. The disadvantage is the fact that all public tickets are viewable by any unregistered visitor.

The private mode is more private for both, me and the buyer. No unregistered visitors can see question or answers. This disadvantage is the multiple tickets for same case. But this maybe can be resolved by creating FAQs for popular/repeated questions.

What do you think guys?

1171 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Forum Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
tommusrhodus says

Public :)

• Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
premitheme says

Public :)

Great!

BTW, Ticksy was for sale few months ago, any news? Is it going to continue or going to shutdown? There was some threads about this few months ago as well. The last thing I need is to make the move and find myself without support or improvements.

211 posts
  • Canada
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
KBRmedia says

I would recommend freshdesk rather than ticksy. I was with ticksy and zendesk for about 4 months but moved to freshdesk because of all of the features it offer. IMO freshdesk is hands-down the best support system available. One thing I love about freshdesk is that it allows us to add our own JS code (they use jQuery btw). With that you can basically do anything you want, like verifying purchase codes. They also have a public forum.

• Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
premitheme says

I would recommend freshdesk rather than ticksy. I was with ticksy and zendesk for about 4 months but moved to freshdesk because of all of the features it offer. IMO freshdesk is hands-down the best support system available. One thing I love about freshdesk is that it allows us to add our own JS code (they use jQuery btw). With that you can basically do anything you want, like verifying purchase codes.

I already used freshdesk trial before, the main thing I’m missing in solutions like freshdesk and zendesk (generally any email support system) is the lacking of some important tools as a WP developer such as syntax highlighter or even a simple way to insert code snippets without using external tools like pastebin. And inserting inline images. I’m not sure if freshdesk cover my needs, let me know if I’m wrong.

Did you make any success developing a solution for verifying purchase codes? Do you mind to share it if any?

211 posts
  • Canada
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
KBRmedia says

I already used freshdesk trial before, the main thing I’m missing in solutions like freshdesk and zendesk (generally any email support system) is the lacking of some important tools as a WP developer such as syntax highlighter or even a simple way to insert code snippets without using external tools like pastebin. And inserting inline images.

I have tried to add a syntax highlighter but I have not succeeded yet however you can add inline image: Simply copy the image and paste it in the form.

Did you make any success developing a solution for verifying purchase codes? Do you mind to share it if any?

Yep. I have made it public: https://github.com/kbrmedia/FreshDesk-Envato

Josh

• Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
premitheme says

That’s great, thank you!

I think I’m going to give freshdesk another shot.

by
by
by
by
by
by