5971 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Guys, I just need advice on this. What is the best Android tablet that most fits for testing for now and coming 6-12 months? I guess the ones that sells well on US and UK market might cover well for testing right?

607 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+10 more
Siddharth Envato team says

Get a Nexus 7 and call it a day. Easier upgrade paths and everything instead of having to wait for the manufacturer to update.

5971 posts
+8 more
VF says

Get a Nexus 7 and call it a day. Easier upgrade paths and everything instead of having to wait for the manufacturer to update.

Nexus 7’s price looks great, still wondering browser performance on that will reflect similarity on other ones reached market in the recent times. That makes me to look for around 6 month old ones, for example galaxy tab II.

Btw somewhere I read Samsung lost the case against Apple and banned on US, not sure exactly galaxy tab 2 banned or older one.

121 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+2 more
rabidflash says

If it’s just for testing, why don’t you guys use android emulator? I’m pretty sure the functionality and display is same on the emulator as the actual phone or Am I missing something here?

3542 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
KrownThemes says

If it’s just for testing, why don’t you guys use android emulator? I’m pretty sure the functionality and display is same on the emulator as the actual phone or Am I missing something here?
There is no emulator in the world, which can come even close to a real phone :)
121 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+2 more
rabidflash says

There is no emulator in the world, which can come even close to a real phone :)
not even the one that comes with the android sdk tools? :confused:
5971 posts
+8 more
VF says

^ Emulators and User Agent switcher on browsers all doesn’t reflects real device experience. Also difference in performance can be observed between factory installed OS version and user upgraded ones.

So the better strategy is buying the device and throw it in 6 months or 1 year and gain hatred towards those awkward device makers. :P

I don’t like to say this but Apple is doing best for the industry; they don’t flood the market with too many models to test! :D

1677 posts Envato Elite Author
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Tean says

Guys, I just need advice on this. What is the best Android tablet that most fits for testing for now and coming 6-12 months? I guess the ones that sells well on US and UK market might cover well for testing right?

So what did you end up buying?

5971 posts
+8 more
VF says

So what did you end up buying?

Galaxy Tab 2. I was interested in Nexus 7 but two months back, Nexus 7 had no chance to be shipped to India so no way other than Galaxy. It solved my purpose and showed the same bugs most buyers pointed (occured on Android OS 4 .0 and 3.0, stock browser and Chrome) and able to solve by testing with it.

8248 posts Community Moderator
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

got myself a Nexus 7 last week, really nice device and darn cheap too at £150 inc £15 for the Play Store + Transformers Movie :)

Not quite as nice as my iPad but it cost 40% of an iPad…

by
by
by
by
by
by