389 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
WPWiseOwl says

got myself a Nexus 7 last week…Not quite as nice as my iPad but it cost 40% of an iPad…

Of course not. LOL . The Nexus 7 is not meant to compete with the larger iPad anyway but rather the likes of the Nook Color / Tablet and Kindle Fire. However, I suspect it will be nicer than the WiFi iPad Mini which it actually will compete against especially it lacks NFC . Finally, a more reasonable apples to apples comparison will be able to be made unlike now.

For me, it may be time to invest in a Windows 8 device after running the desktop version the last several months and loving it. Disclosure: I run Windows all day and also have a 360 (in the fall beta program) at home but use a Samsung Galaxy S II ATM .

1264 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
harmonikas996 says

I own HTC One X, you must have it! :)

389 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
WPWiseOwl says

I own HTC One X, you must have it! :)

The Tegra 3 or Snapdragon version? The Snapdragon One X is a let down IMO .

302 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
alkis says

I don’t have any recommendations about smartphones, but I’d like to point out something that you might encounter while developing.

While using SQLite for a thesis project, I couldn’t browse through the “data/data/...” folders of the device with Eclipse’s “File Explorer”, because my phone is a Sony Neo V, so it’s not “rooted.” It has to be rooted to be able to give you permission to browse through the data folders. I wanted to browse through the folders so that I can view and examine the .db database file of my project which couldn’t be viewed through Windows Explorer or Eclipse’s File Explorer. This made me use the emulator so that I could browse and view the .db database file that was stored in the “data/data/com.blabla.project” folder.

So definitely keep that in mind about the rooted and non-rooted devices. I guess there might some solutions to devices like mine as well, but I didn’t really search about it. As far as I know devices like Google Nexus tablets and phones are rooted though.

I hope this makes sense, I wrote it in a bit of a hurry!

131 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Portugal
eddiesaints says

For those who talked about emulators, here is this one, been quite useful for some tastings.

http://www.springbox.com/mobilizer/
by
by
by
by
by
by