14 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+4 more
bitshok says

Hello and greetings to everyone! This is my first post on this forum. I’ve submitted a site template and it was rejected in about 15 minutes. I’ve provided a full working website written in html and php. Do you think 15 minutes is enough to review and reject a theme?

The main reason was that it’s not unique enough. Is it just the overall aesthetics of a website that counts and the code values nothing? I’m asking because I want to know how things work on ThemeForest and because I’m a little frustrated of the time spent designing and developing and how fast it was rejected.

The demo: http://themes.bitshok.net/timeflash Any feedback is appreciated.

184 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
ki-themes says

Was the reason white-spacing?

14 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+4 more
bitshok says

No, the reason is

This template is not ready for ThemeForest. Your template does not provide a unique enough design with the necessary design quality, features and options to compete in the marketplace at this time. It requires improvements in term of design, visual hierarchy, typography, layout and its aesthetic quality but most importantly, its uniqueness and how the design is executed.

At this stage in the design I am, unfortunately, not able to provide more specific feedback other than what I’ve stated above (the design needs overall, general improvements). With further improvements I may be able to provide more specific feedback.

I’m disappointed by this copy paste non-constructive feedback I received from the reviewer. I’ve also submitted templates to WordPress and I received much better feedback quality both in terms of design and code. Also the reviewer didn’t even check my files, he probably just scrolled around and that’s it. I guess that’s how things work here.

184 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
ki-themes says

As I can see from the link, there is some white-spacing issue. You can’t tell where the columns end and the content starts. Also, that usually means the reviewers asking you improve the design itself. The typo, spacing other other materials look good but in general, we can’t say the design quality is good enough.

Hope this helps.

by
by
by
by
by
by