142 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
AmigoProductions says

Hi! I know there are lot’s of tips out there on how to promote your items, but I’d really like to hear from some of the top authors (or any author who’s getting many sales) some of their tips.

Like many on VideoHive, I’m a new author. So in my case, the real serious promotion I get is when my item is on the first page.

So what I do is the following:

1. Post it on my facebook page (which has 100 or so followers).
2. Tweet about it (to approx. 16 people).
3. Google + it (to 6 people?!).

4. Upload the preview to youtube (450~ subscribers).
5. Post the youtube preview on facebook, twitter, and g+.. (yes I know, it’s pathetic)..

6. Wait.

And that’s basically how my promotion ends. (OH, I also add it to my pinterest album which has 2 followers – very important).

So I’m asking myself, what else can I do? I truly think my last item is quite good (I won’t link to it because I read it’s not allowed), it had 17 comments and 10 sales in a day or two. And then it came to a stop.. Why? It was no longer on the main page..

I’d really appreciate some informative replies with tips. Do you post on other forums? Do you partners with audiojungle authors? Does it simply take time and many items until you’re noticed?

Thanks a lot for your time – again, much appreciated!

491 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+3 more
steve314 says

Hey Amigo, pretty much you covered it all by yourself! For the moment (that might change soon) you can also use Adobe Exchange to promote your files…

223 posts
  • India
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
MotionMAX says

HI Amigo it happens with me too my new item got the same problem. but the response is good for that item I have done that work for one week and its even not be available for one day in new items

first its been moved from new items list in one night then it is at end of the after effects file I think envato will look after this otherwise the author will lose interest on doing good items if they dont get good sales

201 posts
  • Elite Author
  • France
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
Darkpulse says

Hey Amigo, pretty much you covered it all by yourself! For the moment (that might change soon) you can also use Adobe Exchange to promote your files…

I didn’t try Adobe Exchange yet. have you any results with thy referral way? Are they good ?

AmigoProductions
AmigoProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
142 posts
  • Exclusive Author
AmigoProductions says

steve314 could you give some details on how you use Adobe Exchange in combination with VideoHive templates? I had a look at the site, and they have a few AE templates for sale (10-15 dollars range) but I couldn’t figure out if they’re sold via VH?

This is the main AE page I found for Adobe Exchange: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=productHome&exc=21&loc=en_us

bobbaanil – I think envato will look after this otherwise the author will lose interest

I agree – especially for the new authors. I assume the Elite authors have a huge network of fans and followers, so each item they release get’s instantly exposed to a large amount of potential buyers. But if you don’t have that (like myself..), you’re not in a very good position.

5031 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+6 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

1. Play the long game. Make quality files and build up a client base over time. The best advert for your files is your files.

2. Your followers are not necessarily your buyers. Followers are easy to get. Quality followers (the ones who buy your stuff) are harder to acquire.

3. If you have time, try as many marketing avenues as you can.

491 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
+3 more
steve314 says

steve314 could you give some details on how you use Adobe Exchange in combination with VideoHive templates? I had a look at the site, and they have a few AE templates for sale (10-15 dollars range) but I couldn’t figure out if they’re sold via VH? This is the main AE page I found for Adobe Exchange: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=productHome&exc=21&loc=en_us
You are there! Make an account and upload a jpeg preview of your project. You may even use your referral videohive id!
1550 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
AndrVlad says

For me (stock footage) I think items cross-references and items cross-promoting works well.

Best Regards, Andrey

AmigoProductions
AmigoProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
142 posts
  • Exclusive Author
AmigoProductions says

1. Play the long game. Make quality files and build up a client base over time. The best advert for your files is your files.

I guess you’re right. Build a ‘long term’ relationship with buyers by creating good items.. I completely agree with what you said – “The best advert for your files is your files.”

steve314
Thanks for the information :) I’ll go ahead and try that.

Does anyone have other techniques or tips to share? Thanks!!

39 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Moldova', Republic of
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Nullifier says

Words of wisdom.

by
by
by
by
by
by