4344 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says
...this thread ended up being that just because one person might find something about the forums uninteresting

You’re wrong dude, but I don’t want to clarify!

2309 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
theflyingtinman says
But tinman, the whole direction of this thread ended up being that just because one person might find something about the forums uninteresting, or perhaps somewhat bothersome, does not mean that it is the same for others. Removing even a single topic from the “All Topics” category would completely demean the definition which the phrase, “All Topics” represents. It would be a false representation all just to appease the convenience of those who might not be the majority… if even the majority mattered to the extent of allowing “All Topics” to represent only some of the topics. What, would you then see it fit to change the name, “All Topics” to “The most important and relevant and least bothersome and most interesting Topics”? HAhahaha.

So how about change “All Topics” to “All Selected Topics” and have a checkbox on the other forums tabs so each member can select exactly what forums they want included in their consolidated view. :)

4247 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

Well then, relatively speaking. I mean, didn’t you change your mind after Mark’s and another comment from a staff member was posted? And because other members gave their input about how what you considered to be senseless was not all that much meaningless to them, did you not realize that others shouldn’t be kept from saying things off topic, as long as the off topic threads are placed in the off topic category? So, that’s why I said what I said to theflyingtinman. His post was relevant to how he was “overwhelmed” by the mess of off topic threads, which to me indicates that he was bothered in some way about it. It was in HIS best interest to suggest his idea to exclude the off topic category from the All Topics category. Hence the words, “just because one person”, despite that others might want to continue seeing those off topic threads. And to bring the attention back to the things that regard convenience, for the sake of satisfaction, I mentioned how excluding even one topic from the “All Topics” category would cause the phrase, “All Topics” to be demeaned or of less value and thus becoming a false representation of itself. So then, wouldn’t it mean that if any of the topics were excluded, and to prevent a false representation of the phrase, “All Topics”, which should include ALL of the TOPICS of these forums in order to remain true, you’d have to change the title of that category to something other than ALL TOPICS .

4247 posts
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says
So how about change “All Topics” to “All Selected Topics” and have a checkbox on the other forums tabs so each member can select exactly what forums they want included in their consolidated view. :)

A good suggestion, for a personal solution. Yet, I think even if it is integrated and implemented, the option to see all of the topics under the name, “ALL TOPICS ”, should be kept. Even if it means that the ALL TOPICS category is placed at lesser, personal importance on the user interface.

+12 more
Ivor Envato team says
Well then, relatively speaking. I mean, didn’t you change your mind after Mark’s and another comment from a staff member was posted? And because other members gave their input about how what you considered to be senseless was not all that much meaningless to them, did you not realize that others shouldn’t be kept from saying things off topic, as long as the off topic threads are placed in the off topic category? So, that’s why I said what I said to theflyingtinman. His post was relevant to how he was “overwhelmed” by the mess of off topic threads, which to me indicates that he was bothered in some way about it. It was in HIS best interest to suggest his idea to exclude the off topic category from the All Topics category. Hence the words, “just because one person”, despite that others might want to continue seeing those off topic threads. And to bring the attention back to the things that regard convenience, for the sake of satisfaction, I mentioned how excluding even one topic from the “All Topics” category would cause the phrase, “All Topics” to be demeaned or of less value and thus becoming a false representation of itself. So then, wouldn’t it mean that if any of the topics were excluded, and to prevent a false representation of the phrase, “All Topics”, which should include ALL of the TOPICS of these forums in order to remain true, you’d have to change the title of that category to something other than ALL TOPICS .

Dude, don’t be rude – This discussion is so over and you’re trying to start an argument. I’ll not talk with you about this, period…!

4247 posts
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

How else was I supposed to understand? You called me wrong and didn’t want to clarify. I can care less now to speak at all with the one who calls himself ipad. And with every period I type on these forums, I’ll remember the word, threat, which he typed in his first post belonging to this thread.

+12 more
Ivor Envato team says
How else was I supposed to understand? You called me wrong and didn’t want to clarify. I can care less now to speak at all with the one who calls himself ipad. And with every period I type on these forums, I’ll remember the word, threat, which he typed in his first post belonging to this thread.

Ok, great!- And “ipad” for your information are my initials! now, if you don’t have nothing to do I DO !

by
by
by
by
by
by