• Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
UJ-pro says

Hi fellows,

the jungle is growing more and more. That’s great but we all know the effect of being a messy. You go mad and you’re loosing fun and control in searching for useful things in the bunch of useless stuff.

Well, it could be a sky-high price to chuck old stuff without looking on it again. So this is my idea to slim the jungle:

Give these called tracks a second chance over a certain period because there is a lot of good stuff sadly unheared and lost in the jungle for various reasons. These tracks could be placed on the front over a small period and being contained in a special collection, also over a certain period. The tracks which still have no sales could be removed for ever and maybe get a third chance anywhere else but no longer mess the jungle. (Without meaning these works are dirt!) This could help everybody. Authors, buyers, server and nerves. ;-)

What do you think about it?

1401 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
WebSmacker says

If there are tracks that aren’t being heard, it’s because their creators aren’t doing a good enough job of marketing them. You can’t just upload and wait for the money to come, you need to market, test and market more.

7173 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+1 more
doru says

Is just sad that there are so many nice songs there with no sales :(

I will give just an example of a nice song that I like (now this is subjective but anyway)

it was published in November 2012 but zero sales

http://audiojungle.net/item/slowing/3401152

audiojungle surely need some promotion in some way from envato, like “Great unknown country songs” (or some other genre) with links from frontpage.

instead of those four weakly featured slots that practically presents an item for one month, replace them with links to featured collections. This could work on all marketplaces.

1550 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Russian Federation
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
AndrVlad says

Agree that some additional promotion can help. But don’t think removing old items is a good idea.

My profile have 2 AJ tracks with few sales and 3 other tracks with 0 sales. Everything pretty old but I’m glad i have it as part of me. :-) Any item removal will hurt me unless I do it myself.

Best regards, Andrey

186 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Auralaxiom says

I agree, although I think it should come in the form of encouraging authors to delete any old tracks that they don’t think are up to par and/or aren’t marketable.

164 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
augustomeijer says

I do think AJ has a great review team to make sure all items are eligible to sell. Old or new. Up to authors to decide whether to keep old items or not.

1272 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
UJ-pro says

Thanks very much mates for your replies. :-)

TBH, I’m a bit surprised that all of you prefer to keep these items for sale but all your explanations are understandable. It was just an idea I wanted to share with you. For me it wouldn’t be a problems taking older zero-sale-items away and maybe I’ll do it later on my own to give them a chance anywhere else. This wouldn’t slim the jungle really. :-)

I wonder how our potential buyers think about it. Would it help finding useful tracks faster?

1272 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
UJ-pro says

Is just sad that there are so many nice songs there with no sales :(

I will give just an example of a nice song that I like (now this is subjective but anyway)

it was published in November 2012 but zero sales

http://audiojungle.net/item/slowing/3401152 ...

It’s really a nice track, doru. I like the guitar starting at 1:14 very much. :-) Thanks for sharing.

1401 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
WebSmacker says

I don’t agree with removing any items. Look at this author.. http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/thank-you-envato/120736

He was going to remove his item because he stopped supporting it and it wasn’t getting many sales, but right before he removed it he got 4,500 sales in one night!!! $40,500 and he gets at least 50%. If he would’ve taken the item down right away when he thought about it he would have lost out.

5388 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
Australia says

I don’t agree with removing any items. Look at this author.. http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/thank-you-envato/120736 He was going to remove his item because he stopped supporting it and it wasn’t getting many sales, but right before he removed it he got 4,500 sales in one night!!! $40,500 and he gets at least 50%. If he would’ve taken the item down right away when he thought about it he would have lost out.

What idiot would buy 4,500 licences, be honest. Its either a stolen card, a hacked paypal or some scam. No way any person with that kinda money would shell out that kinda dosh for that.

The item isnt even that good. Support is abysmal.. nah something smells.

No Way

by
by
by
by
by
by