Came up with a new design last night i want to submit it but am abit scepticaly with my two straight rejection streak…...
Here is the design in two different versions.If i should submit which one should it be ?
portfolio 2 but….
work more on padding, especially in the bottom boxes and those small icons on top, align them correctly. Also get rid of those shadows in the headings and make them plain text (Arial, Verdana etc.).
Structure is not very well because You have Welcome box and on the right big Partners banners and those banners should be somewhere smaller, not so big. Also design layouts for Portfolio and other links.
Generally give Your design more space to breath.
I personally like the second version more but you have some more work before submitting. First make sure you align your elements properly. It looks as if you have thrown elements here and there. For example, the Testimonials and Services titles are not even close to well aligned. The same is with the logo , contact form etc.
As this is a portfolio template you need to highlight the portfolio items more. Right now they are smaller than the advertisements..
The design seems pretty small to me.
Just spend some more time on it and really think about what you do.
It needs more work before being accepted. The issue that immediately came to mind was the spacing. Nothing seems to line up.
For everyone, if you are unsure about your design, I recommend that you ask for advice on the forums and/or email email@example.com with a snapshot of your design. I’ll then forward it on to the appropriate review. This will give you some initial feedback.
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Microlancer Beta Tester
- Referred between 1 and 9 users
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
First the positive:
I really like the backgound from the first link. This is a very nice effect and the colors are decent. Also the little icons on the top are neat.
Like the 3 above me said: you shoud work on the padding. Also the headings doesn’t fit to the rest.
Another rejection was underway if I had submitted it I see.. Back to the drawaing board for me I will try and fix the spacing Issues and add some new elements to it then get some feedback From you guys before I submit.
Third time lucky…....I hope
Great work, love the 2nd design, however here are some things you could improve upon to increase your chances of approval:
1. Line up Colour Studios up top with the left hand side of the white content box.
2. Also line up the 3 icons in the top right with the right of the white content box.
3. If you would like to maintain the color shadow effect in the headings make sure to put the color layer below the text layer.
4. Add a couple more categories and make sure to hyphenate your paragraphs, for a box design such as this it’s very important that everything looks aligned and “fixed”.
5. Be sure to maintain the same style of font and size throughout the headings, try to be a little more consistent with your type.
6. Also, work on adding a footer, this will add value to the template.
7. Another thing that might be helpful, add a slight gray gradient to the white boxes, it will jazz it up a bit.
Hope you get approved, and good luck with the design