• Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
alkis says

To those who use Google+ and Facebook for promoting their items on the Envato marketplaces (so I’m not talking about personal profiles, but profiles which more or less have to do with your presence on the Envato marketplace that you’re a part of):

- Which one do you prefer and why?
- Do you think it has helped you build contacts and circles of interest such as multimedia authors, musicians, clients, etc?
- Have clients approached you through these social networks for custom work?
- Any more tips or info on that subject would be appreciated, as I am not a part of any of those two social networks, even for a personal profile (no, I don’t use FB).

Thanks for reading and a happy new year to you all! :-)

alkis

1118 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+2 more
SonicCube says

Hello Alkis

First, HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Yeah, i use FB with a PRofile only dedicated to my royalty free music stuff, as well as one for my other music projects. I did also run some FB adverts for my site, and checked the impact. It sure generated quite a few clicks and income from referred users, but did not raise my sales numbers in a great way.

I have also created a Google+ account, but did not invest any time yet to get it going on there :) So, i can’t reyll tell if it’s a good tool for promotion.

If you are trying to get involved into the game or multimedia industry, this is best done by direct contacts ( so called vitmain B ). I don’t think many of these comanies are “searching” trough this networks for “unknown” artists. They stick the contacts they already gave or are know in the industry most of the times. So, you should try to connect on a personal way to any of these genres.

Hope this helps a bit, if you want me to tell a bit more detailed things about the FB add thing etc., feel free to contact me directly via pm.

Good luck and keep in touch.

Daniel

btw : Alkis means in the swiss language, someone that is heavily addicted to alcohol ;)

302 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
alkis says

Thanks for your reply SonicCube! I really appreciate the info. I know about the name, it’s also the same in other European languages, like Finnish, Swedish, Dutch, etc. It’s a Greek name that stands from the word “alki” which means “strengh/truth/wisdom”.

Anyone else that could share info about their experience with GooglePlus/Facebook exclusive profiles?

Thanks!

301 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Sweden
Reachground says

I had a page on Facebook before to promote my music. Not once in about 3-4 years did that generate any new clients. The ones I got was either through contacts or they found my site on Google and e-mailed me.

As soon as Google+ launched I was on it. Created circles and tried to promote myself. Same thing there, not much of a result. Then again, that was the beginning. I’m sure it’s bigger now.

Since then I’ve left both Facebook and Google+. They were more time consumers than anything else. Now I’m much more productive (and have more time to play BF3 ^^).

Even though I don’t use any of them today I think its a good idea if you’re in to self promotion. I didn’t get any clients directly through FB nor G+ but you don’t know what’s going on behind the curtain. Sometimes people find you there, then Google you and contact you directly instead.

2085 posts
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

It’s a Greek name that stands from the word “alki” which means “strengh/truth/wisdom".

You know what they say: “In vino veritas” :D

(sorry for the offtopic, but I couldn’t resist :) )

302 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
alkis says

It’s a Greek name that stands from the word “alki” which means “strengh/truth/wisdom".

You know what they say: “In vino veritas” :D

(sorry for the offtopic, but I couldn’t resist :) )

Hahaha nice one. :-D

301 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Sweden
Reachground says

Perhaps this will get you to Circle around G+ ;)

http://notes.envato.com/general/add-envato-to-your-google-circles/
by
by
by
by
by
by