15 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
mcongosto says

hi!

I’ve been a Template Monster customer for years and now I see TF templates are better and a bit cheaper.

However, there are only 200 Joomla templates, some of them have been sold more than a thousand times. That’s not that good.

I’m pretty sure there is at least the same demand for Joomla templates as for WP themes. However there are more than 2000 WP themes in themeforest.

Are there any plans, incentives or intentions to try to rapidly increase the number of Joomla templates?

thanks!

177 posts straight to the art designs
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+4 more
arrowthemes says

It’s really good to see more and more guys asking for Joomla themes nowadays.

As the demand grows, so does the supply. Believe me, the growth on the Joomla category has been growing tremendously over the months, especially with such incentives: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/envatos-most-wanted-5000-reward-for-the-first-10-virtuemart-templates/82979

Personally I plan on releasing about 20 themes this year ;) So give it time.

regards

176 posts The Joomla Guy
  • Won a Competition
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+4 more
hogash says

Hi there, thanks for sharing that with us. Indeed that’s right. I want to admit that first time when new authors were coming i was a bit scared, however i than realized that this is much better, because the competition improved our items and attracted more and more buyers. So i’d recommend other authors to join in and expose their works, in my opinion it will be better for all of us.

I think Wordpress is much more popular than Joomla and at least here there is no discussion over the popularity between them. However both have a large number of extensions and huge community.

Currently there were several promoting campaigns made by Envato for the Joomla category and i sure hope they will continue with them. For sure they attract new buyers.

176 posts The Joomla Guy
  • Won a Competition
  • Power Elite Author
+4 more
hogash says

Joel, that’s a great target, hope you’ll achieve it. I myself i don’t think i’ll pass more than 8-10 this year :(

1674 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

I myself i don’t think i’ll pass more than 8-10 this year :(

I wouldn’t get :( if I were you, because you are THE top developer on Joomla category, and I am not talking about your sales, but quality level. That is something very very few bring to the community.

15 posts
mcongosto says

Thank you both.

It is true, WP is more popular than Joomla, but I don’t think is 10 times more popular so it is probably normal to see the Joomla category get bigger.

I agree, it seems logic that the more authors and templates you have, the more buyers will be attracted = more sales per author.

I think you will see me around as a buyer, we customize templates for our customers and are always looking for fresh designs.

regards!!

176 posts The Joomla Guy
  • Won a Competition
  • Power Elite Author
+4 more
hogash says

I myself i don’t think i’ll pass more than 8-10 this year :(
I wouldn’t get :( if I were you, because you are THE top developer on Joomla category, and I am not talking about your sales, but quality level. That is something very very few bring to the community.

Thank you very much Dani! Indeed i shouldn’t get :( I also wanted quality over quantity, however sometimes i’m in that zone that i think i can do much more. Anyway, i’m really satisfied with my results, that’s for sure, however i would’ve liked to post more oftenly.

Thank you both.

It is true, WP is more popular than Joomla, but I don’t think is 10 times more popular so it is probably normal to see the Joomla category get bigger.

I agree, it seems logic that the more authors and templates you have, the more buyers will be attracted = more sales per author.

I think you will see me around as a buyer, we customize templates for our customers and are always looking for fresh designs.

Well said! Absolutely true! Thanks for giving us a shot here :)

177 posts straight to the art designs
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+4 more
arrowthemes says

Joel, that’s a great target, hope you’ll achieve it. I myself i don’t think i’ll pass more than 8-10 this year :(

Hogash, it’s more of aim for the sun, land on the moon scenario :D

84 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Indonesia
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
hainug says

Wow, the Joomla’s “three musketeers” are here and talk about it :D

Was wondering, where is the 4th…

244 posts JoomFX.com
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Bulgaria
joomfx says

Yep, three of the best Joomla authors here :P

As Hogash said, the more talanted authors share their Joomla projects the better the quality will be. The competition really push ourselves to do better and better.

I can already notice that the new authors (I can also be considered as one of them :) ) are improving their designs and skills a lot. So I’m sure we will see lots of amazing items in the Joomla Category in the near future!

by
by
by
by
by
by