• Germany
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+4 more
crozer says

all this can be simple avoided by this simple homepage thumbnails check. more valuable the item is, more time on front page. higher the price higher promotion time

Dude.. we still can only see 6 of our followers; we still have no author-only forum; we still have no advanced search, and the list goes on.. and you want a smart thumbnail check?!

:D

3007 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

Not about competition. The marketplace has high prices for one theme versus other places where you can get 10-20-30 themes with a subscription and unlimited usages. And with high prices comes the customer expectations. The more the themes are from people who don’t give a damn, and the more customers have too choose from those themes, the more the marketplaces reputation will go down and down and down and it will die. This is over saturation of the marketplace with boring copies and authors that don’t give a damn, that are just in it for a quick buck.

We make a living out of this, and we care about the customers that we have. For the last theme we spent 1 month on the documentation. Who does that???

No more. I am sick of it. Flooding.

939 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Serbia
  • Exclusive Author
aleluja says

all this can be simple avoided by this simple homepage thumbnails check. more valuable the item is, more time on front page. higher the price higher promotion time

Dude.. we still can only see 6 of our followers; we still have no author-only forum; we still have no advanced search, and the list goes on.. and you want a smart thumbnail check?!

I want a Mozart playing in the back! On all browsers!
3418 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

I agree, in a theme economy where most theme shops are delivering perceived value by offering “6,000 [mediocre] themes for $10!”, the proper way to differentiate this marketplace is to deliver real value by increasing theme quality across the board (by continuing to increase the standards for accepted themes), which will mean reducing the rate of new theme releases. Every theme here needs to be killer, otherwise those who have purchased less-than-stellar themes bad-mouth the marketplace based on a single, substandard product; in other words, low quality themes and authors that “don’t give a damn” (as duotive mentioned) drag the rest down. We won’t survive if that keeps happening.

The real problem that needs to be solved is how to allow reviewers enough time to really delve into a theme and evaluate it’s quality (that can be a difficult and tedious task) – at the current rate that themes are submitted, that must be very difficult to accomplish. Sometimes I think there should be an “application fee” for submitting a theme (perhaps returned to those whose products are approved) – but I doubt that would be well received ;)

1256 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
graphic4444 says

excellent points … I’d said that for the lsat couple of years at VH, during a time when a bunch of cheap knockoff video projects were being submitted, and eventually overall quality increased a lot, which is good. most of us buyers don’t mind paying fair/good prices for excellent themes, the challenge is “sifting through all the junk to find a few great themes”... so increasing quality standards significantly, or having separate “budget” vs “elite” marketplaces would be one way to deal with it.

but yeah if there’s a lot of themes here that are not as good as the ones I can get 20-30 of for $50-$100 at a subscription site, why buy here? so charge more and have super-high quality themes, or somehow differentiate so that the value and quality (and support in a FORUM for themes, like the subscription places all have) would be a great step forward.

70 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Europe
TitanicThemes says

Themeforest is just fine like it is.

The system it`s very well thought. And i think there is no item there that is so great or unique and never reached at the top of featured items. So what if an item is seen just 2 or 3 days on the frontpage? is not like all the sales are coming from the frontpage…there are lots of factors… one is reputation, your number of followers, support quality, how you promote yourselves etc.. if it is a great item than for sure that item will be featured.

Stop worrying about others and start thinking about your new unique item.. Someone said ”..there`s a lot of people on themeforest that pick up on trends..and follow them..but the way to get anywere on themeforest is to start the trends yourself..”.

The only thing that i think it misses is a proper gallery for featured items.

3418 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

So what if an item is seen just 2 or 3 days on the frontpage? is not like all the sales are coming from the frontpage…there are lots of factors… one is reputation, your number of followers, support quality, how you promote yourselves etc.. if it is a great item than for sure that item will be featured.

One thing you will learn in time is that front page exposure makes an enormous difference. Of course it is not the only factor; but it gives a theme momentum, without which it becomes much harder to succeed. But clearly, as front page exposure diminishes, us authors will need to be more creative with marketing to drive traffic to our themes.

Also, just wanted to clarify my statement from above – I think there are huge number of extremely high quality themes currently in the marketplace – more than any other theme outfit. However, we want to make sure that concentration of excellence stays high; and it has recently started to be diluted by some products.

7173 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

17 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • France
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
JukeDesgn says

Maybe there is more proposition …

16 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
midnetdesigns says

Man when will you guys stop complaining? First was spending too much time supporting a theme or item then it was items are too cheap so they increased there prices now your saying too many items are being released this is what happens when you increase prices an see drops in sales authors release more to recoupe in lost sales. buyers are looking at other market places due to increases. Just stop complaining.

by
by
by
by
by
by