145 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
JJenZz says

Anyone else agree? I mean, I used to be quite active here in the forums but now I don’t bother so much… It’s always the same here nowadays and as much as I like to help… there is a limit!

Any ideas on how we can reduce these because IMO it is damaging the quality/appeal of the forums?

698 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
segen says
because IMO it is damaging the quality/appeal of the forums?

Oh yeah, in a way, yes. Although I wouldn’t say that there should be no ‘theme rejected…. changes?’ posts at all. Maybe this can be fixed in the way that if the submission is totally bad then the reviewer should not suggest the author to go to the forum asking opinions or help, and if it’s somewhere near but the author thinks different then he should post it on the forum to get more input.

86 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Bad_cop says

I think it’s only good that it’s “Theme rejected, changes?” and not, “Theme rejected, i hate envato”. We must respect people. I never think it is getting over the limit. If we ever reach that point, i don’t think we need a forum on this site.

9 posts
    Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+1 more
polonel says

I think that part of the themes showing up in forums when they are rejected are because in the rejection letter it states, that if you are having trouble try posting in the forums to get other opinions.

In some cases I find that posting in the forums will help out an author and give them ideas they seemed to over look because they were focused on another element. So in some sense I don’t think its all bad that they are here.

70 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
kiziel says

I think it’s the part of forum, very useful indeed.

78 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
rkquest says

Yeah.. I noticed that too. When you go to the front page of the site when you go to the “Forum Thread” section on the right side, you’ll see a lot of “Theme Rejected” posts burying some really good discussions like this one…

http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/matt-mullenweg-qa-wordcamp-09/10752

I think we should have a subsection under Item Discussions for this type of posts and not show it in the front page. :)

115 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Won a competition
zigmat says

I agree. It’s OK, but no need displaying it at front page.

145 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
JJenZz says
I think we should have a subsection under Item Discussions for this type of posts and not show it in the front page. :)

Totally agree! That would be a great solution =)

As you say, the good stuff is just drowned out atm….

2529 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

Hey everyone. I agree.

We definitely need a section to discuss rejected items. It really helps the authors. But, I can understand how it can be irritating for the rest.

I’ll email my boss about possibly setting up a subcategory in the forum that is specifically for rejected item discussions.

2529 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

On second thought, maybe these kinds of postings can go into the “Help” category. That seems to make sense.

by
by
by
by
by
by