238 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Mastergreed says

Hello everyone

From about two, three weeks almost every topic on TF’ forums is nothing more but “what do you think” or “is it ready for TF?” I don’t know, but I think we should change it.

I mean – if you believe your design is good – upload it, if it will get rejected, it has not been good – simple :P. I know it’s brutal, but hey – no one said designing templates will be easy, right? Instead of asking for opinions on “yet-another-is-it-ready-theme”, we should focus on teaching and learning.

Or maybe it’s just me who don’t like hundreds of exactly the same topics? Hmm…

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

I can understand where you are coming from but at the same time, many of the people asking for opinions and help are new to web design. It’s very discouraging to be rejected several times in a row with nobody to really point them in the right direction. A reviewer doesn’t have the time and shouldn’t be expected to type out a huge explanation of what needs to be fixed/changed before it will be accepted so for many, the forums are the only option.

I know when I was starting out in web design I was all on my lonesome to learn it from scratch. Thankfully I knew how to use Google and I didn’t mind going through tutorial after tutorial. My first year of designs were pretty bad but with time I got better and I learned that the best way to improve was to look at the big dogs and to get opinions of others who are experienced.

Having had to struggle through a lot of my initial learning, I enjoy helping other people out. I do have a tendency to tell them what’s wrong instead of trying to help them figure out what’s wrong on their own though, so I try to work on that.

Anyway, my opinion is that I would rather have these guys/gals ask for help and opinions in the forums than submit their file 10 times and get rejected then discouraged and leave. :)

130 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
lukk says

I think maybe you should just mind your own business, if the topic doesn’t concern you simply ignore it.

Just because it doesn’t concern you doesn’t mean it’s useless. There are many people here who need advice and this forum is exactly for that.

699 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
segen says
I think maybe you should just mind your own business, if the topic doesn’t concern you simply ignore it. Just because it doesn’t concern you doesn’t mean it’s useless. There are many people here who need advice and this forum is exactly for that.

Well said lukk.

130 posts
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
lukk says

And shouldn’t this be in Site Suggestions & Feedback? Wrong Forum.

4911 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

As long as the threads asking for opinions are placed within the “Item Discussion” section. Nobody is breaking any rules and all of these threads are permitted to be here.

323 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
shadow66142000 says

@Mastergreed – What is wrong with you? This isn’t the forums of Mastergreed, if you don’t like it skip over it. I’ll just leave it at that.

1612 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
contempoinc says
@Mastergreed – What is wrong with you? This isn’t the forums of Mastergreed, if you don’t like it skip over it. I’ll just leave it at that.

werd

171 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
clarklab says

hey mastergreed, I don’t care for your user icon. you should change it because thats what I want. my personal opinion is more important than yours. I’m aware your icon isn’t really bothering anyone, but I still feel you should change it.

now see how annoying that is?

26 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
joshharbaugh says
hey mastergreed, I don’t care for your user icon. you should change it because thats what I want. my personal opinion is more important than yours. I’m aware your icon isn’t really bothering anyone, but I still feel you should change it. now see how annoying that is?

I laughed and totally agree.

by
by
by
by
by
by