23 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Pentoy says

It really looks “old” somehow. Try to give your site a more modern look.

I dont like the logo, the menu, the buttons.. the whole concept.

It does look informative with a lot of content but the design is kind of poor.. I like the structure you could use some more white space though.

78 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Philippines
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
rkquest says

Thanks for the input.

It really looks “old” somehow. Try to give your site a more modern look.

I dont like the logo, the menu, the buttons.. the whole concept.

It does look informative with a lot of content but the design is kind of poor.. I like the structure you could use some more white space though.
1417 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+10 more
kailoon Reviewer says

Hi Darren, where have you been in the past years? Not sure if you still remember me? :p

Anyway, I think your theme is not that bad tho. But as you know, the standards raised in the past few years :) There are a few areas that required improvements especially the content area and typography. Design wise, it looks a bit dated at the moment. However, with some refinements, it could stand stronger with its ‘unique’ style.

Welcome back Darren :)

78 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Philippines
rkquest says

Hi Kailoon!

Of course, I remember you. You rejected so many of my themes in the past, how can I forget? :P Just kidding. For a while, I’ve given up on design and focused on development and stuff. Now I decided to design again and this is what I came up with. So I guess that’s the reason my design looks “dated”.

Thanks a lot for the input. I will try to improve the design but I just don’t know where to begin. So I hope you don’t mind me asking – if you were asked to improve this theme and make it “TF ready”, what are the specific things you’ll change? I would really appreciate just a few pointers.

Thanks man! :)

Darren

Hi Darren, where have you been in the past years? Not sure if you still remember me? :p

Anyway, I think your theme is not that bad tho. But as you know, the standards raised in the past few years :) There are a few areas that required improvements especially the content area and typography. Design wise, it looks a bit dated at the moment. However, with some refinements, it could stand stronger with its ‘unique’ style.

Welcome back Darren :)
78 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Philippines
rkquest says

Nevermind. I’m just gonna start from scratch. I’ll decide later what to do with this theme.

1152 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Won a Competition
  • Halloween Competition Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
iKreativ says

Sorry dude, but there are far better(looking) free themes.

The way the review process works is kinda like this:

Technically advanced with sub par visuals = Approved Technically basic with outstanding visuals = Approved Technically basic with sub par visuals – Rejected
I saw some themes of you on “that martkeplace”, why don’t you submit to TF? or they got rejections?

Dont put all of your eggs in one basket. Cross sales.

20 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
tripodzid says

I have seen that your site looks great. I think Themeforest have their own way of considering sites depending on their own specifications which most of us don’t actually know.

1417 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+10 more
kailoon Reviewer says

Nevermind. I’m just gonna start from scratch. I’ll decide later what to do with this theme.
Sorry, I was offline last night :) I think you can try to focus on typography and colors. The rest, keep it simple first.
1152 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Won a Competition
  • Halloween Competition Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
iKreativ says

Here you go dude: http://awesomescreenshot.com/07fae7s0c

Other than that work on the typography, if you’re going to use serif for headings, try sans for body. A nice stack would be Droid Serif and Droid Sans.

Give everything some breathing room, more padding etc…too squashed atm which makes bad readability.

Then polish the whole thing, better hr, nicer icons etc…

-Scott

1216 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Slovenia
Anps says

Hi

well for me the nav really kills it… the dividers are way to strong that light bluish color border really stands out to much, and it kind of feels cramped there the content just aint breading. The nav typo is also a bit blurish and not so nice clean cut.

The corrections on the nav should improve it greatly. Tho there are more issues with spacings.

For me personally the background just doesn’t fit with the design, design is fairly modern and relatively clean tho the background is oldish medieval like.

Some image hovers and links hovers would give an overall more quality feel.

The learn more buttons under the 3 icons: i would align it with the text the the overall icon and content “box” now it just looks messy.

And as i sad already overall spacing need to be improved a lot… more spacing between the tittles and content, between overall parts of page. Everything is to stacked up, give it some breeding area.

Hope i helped at all. Good luck!

by
by
by
by
by
by