5 posts
yourcreativefox says

I want to become your author, is there a way by which I can test that my codes are not even 1% identical to any other theme on Internet. I believe just like you authorize theme-check plugin, there must be some tool for checking codes uniqueness

61 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
supersimple says

What you’re basically asking is if there’s a method to steal someone’s theme, add your own images to it, change the markup a little bit, and then upload it and become rich?

If you’re item is going to be very good, people will probably steal your code anyway. By the time you figured out who did it and start a law process, you could have created another item as well.

5 posts
yourcreativefox says

What you’re basically asking is if there’s a method to steal someone’s theme, add your own images to it, change the markup a little bit, and then upload it and become rich? If you’re item is going to be very good, people will probably steal your code anyway. By the time you figured out who did it and start a law process, you could have created another item as well.

Sir, You was sarcastic. I was just trying to follow standard uploading practice. I am sure themeforest will certainly advise some tool for code uniqueness checking.

Are you from themeforest staff?

Thanks for the reply.

3862 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
charlie4282 says

” I am sure themeforest will certainly advise some tool for code uniqueness checking.”

They really won’t.

Any tool which does this would mean making it even easier for someone to rip the code of the site and besides “not even 1% identical” is going to be unlikely as if you and another template has a page with 2 columns on it then the code for that layout amongst a marketplace of millions of files, is always going to be pretty similar one way or another unless you really name your div/class etc something very different – which does not actually make it ‘unique’ anyhow.

This is made even more likely with thousands of files using mark up like Bootstrap which is generic in places in their code.

As long as you code it for yourself and make sure you do not get ‘overly inspired’ by other peoples ideas and code then it would be fine.

It would only be an issue if you planned on borrowing code form another file right? Stopping someone ripping yours is a totally different matter and you can just inspect the code and would be able to recognize your own work in that circumstance.

5 posts
yourcreativefox says

” I am sure themeforest will certainly advise some tool for code uniqueness checking.”

They really won’t.

Any tool which does this would mean making it even easier for someone to rip the code of the site and besides “not even 1% identical” is going to be unlikely as if you and another template has a page with 2 columns on it then the code for that layout amongst a marketplace of millions of files, is always going to be pretty similar one way or another unless you really name your div/class etc something very different – which does not actually make it ‘unique’ anyhow.

This is made even more likely with thousands of files using mark up like Bootstrap which is generic in places in their code.

As long as you code it for yourself and make sure you do not get ‘overly inspired’ by other peoples ideas and code then it would be fine.

It would only be an issue if you planned on borrowing code form another file right? Stopping someone ripping yours is a totally different matter and you can just inspect the code and would be able to recognize your own work in that circumstance.

so there is no way I can stop my codes getting stolen? we have to move on as we cant control the whole Internet.

3862 posts
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
+1 more
charlie4282 says

None really – there are little ways like minifying code that makes it harder, and or dropping tracking codes ( you CANNOT DO THIS ON FILES FOR SALE HERE) but bottom line is if someone wants it then they are likely to get it.

It happens to everyone and is frustrating but relatively unavoidable.

12 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Romania
NicoaraCostin says

How can you make a unique version of a standard markup like <header id=”header”></header> ? You do realize it can’t be done. The html, php and js code is standard and will allways be used in the same manor as before until a new language is born. You can’t add shiny ribbons over your code. This question about a program that could see how much % is yours or copied seems a little wierd coming from someone who wants to upload themes here. You should already have the knowledge to see that this is 99% out of the question.

5 posts
yourcreativefox says

with theme-check plugin some warnings/recommendations are still coming.

however when I install themeforest-check plugin, which is an add on to theme-check plugin all the warnings/recommendations disappears.

3 Months back I read somewhere on themeforest Forums that addon to theme-check plugin i.e.. themeforest-check eliminated the errors/warning/recommendations that are ignored by reviewer. Is this True, If the theme is getting passed by theme-check+ theme-forest check combination we are done?

or we want to completely make sure that theme should completely pass theme-check plugin standalone?

5 posts
yourcreativefox says

They really won’t.

Can you please reply my last posted message?

5622 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

with theme-check plugin some warnings/recommendations are still coming.

however when I install themeforest-check plugin, which is an add on to theme-check plugin all the warnings/recommendations disappears.

3 Months back I read somewhere on themeforest Forums that addon to theme-check plugin i.e.. themeforest-check eliminated the errors/warning/recommendations that are ignored by reviewer. Is this True, If the theme is getting passed by theme-check+ theme-forest check combination we are done?

or we want to completely make sure that theme should completely pass theme-check plugin standalone?

You may be better off opening a Support ticket – http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit It may be possible for the Review Team to answer your question :) Thanks!

by
by
by
by
by
by