442 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+5 more
ZozoUI says

I also had some mixed feelings about this, until i saw the examples. Most of them are the worst designs i have ever seen, so i won’t worry about any kind of competition :D Most services offered on ML (i’m talking about the ones that are low prices, not the ones that are correctly prices and offer quality) are really amateurish and unprofessional as i see them. The ones that look really good have a high price, so there is no competition from my point of view.

I think it’s not about the design or the quality of Microlancer items, top banner takes buyers from envato which are trying to find items on envato and purchase. It doesn’t matter if they buy or not on Microlancer.

3556 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

You don’t get it.. It doesn’t matter if the banner drives buyers out if they won’t find what they’re looking for on ML. And they won’t :) So they will come back anyway..

1607 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Bedros says

Not good.

UNTIL WHERE WE WILL LOWER THE VALUE OF OUR HARD WORK?

99 posts
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+3 more
MouseOnLeaf says

I think it’s not about the design or the quality of Microlancer items, top banner takes buyers from envato which are trying to find items on envato and purchase. It doesn’t matter if they buy or not on Microlancer.

+1

99 posts
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+3 more
MouseOnLeaf says

You don’t get it.. It doesn’t matter if the banner drives buyers out if they won’t find what they’re looking for on ML. And they won’t :) So they will come back anyway..

Maybe they will come back, but maybe they go back to google and start another search, after the didn’t find what they looking for…

So let’s track our sales now…. :-)

442 posts
+5 more
ZozoUI says

Some of them will come back and some of them will not. So again envato lose buyers.

442 posts
+5 more
ZozoUI says

Maybe they will come back, but maybe they go back to google and start another search, after the didn’t find what they looking for…

So let’s track our sales now…. :-)

+1

1875 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

...Learn what microlancer is…

According to that banner, I just learned “web design from $20” ... Now that must be quite confusing for web beginners imo. It’s also, at least, puzzling for those who don’t know what microlancer is :)

238 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+2 more
dansjostedt says

I think you are getting upset for nothing.

First of all, if you are new on themeforest why would you click a banner? I would never click a banner on a website unless I knew the site could be trusted.

Secondly, it says from $20 dollars. As soon as they click and see the $200, $300, $500, $1000 dollar prices they will hit that backwards button as most people will think that is too expensive. Because why would they be at one of the cheapest and largest theme sites if they were willing to spend that amount of money? Exactly, they would’nt.

I think it is good for envanto to explore how this banner will affect sales and besides, they want to give their new project a fair chance and I for one really do get that.

There are so many posts about what envanto do wrong but I think they know what they are doing and you should have a bit trust in them as well. They got good staff and I don’t think they put up ads like that without looking at both positive and negative effects for everyone.

442 posts
+5 more
ZozoUI says

I think you are getting upset for nothing.

First of all, if you are new on themeforest why would you click a banner? I would never click a banner on a website unless I knew the site could be trusted.

Secondly, it says from $20 dollars. As soon as they click and see the $200, $300, $500, $1000 dollar prices they will hit that backwards button as most people will think that is too expensive. Because why would they be at one of the cheapest and largest theme sites if they were willing to spend that amount of money? Exactly, they would’nt.

I think it is good for envanto to explore how this banner will affect sales and besides, they want to give their new project a fair chance and I for one really do get that.

There are so many posts about what envanto do wrong but I think they know what they are doing and you should have a bit trust in them as well. They got good staff and I don’t think they put up ads like that without looking at both positive and negative effects for everyone.

Name one good positive effect for everyone?

by
by
by
by
by
by