• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+3 more
pixelentity says

It’s really important to keep in mind that what you get on Microlancer is fundamentally different to what you can get on the Marketplaces – we’re talking apples and oranges here.
That’s clear to any existing members, the concern is about new potential buyers landed to TF. They know nothing about those differences and first thing they going to see is the “Web Design from $20” link bringing them to a whole different site.
13 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United Kingdom
Krypto4 says

I wouldn’t worry about it from the one’s I’ve seen from having a quick look around they are way over priced for what they are.

eg. Retro Badges from $50 on ML while from $4 on GR for the same if not better for a fraction of the price, it’s a no brainer which one you’d go with unless you’ve got deep pockets and money to throw away.

ML hay offer revisions but who’s to say that if you purchased one from GR and messaged the Author they may also offer this for a price and I’m sure that price would still be lower.

1988 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
+4 more
bitfade says

Not afraid of the competition but to bounce new customers to another site as soon as they land on TF doesn’t seem the smartest idea to me.

11 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
FBecht says

When I first saw the Microlancer (ML) banner I clicked it out of curiosity – then came right back. I have used Envato because of the wealth of great design, coding, themes etc. I can customize these as I see fit, and starting out with top notch work is a great help! The pricing on ML is higher than purchasing a theme for example, and if you need help down the road… well, more costs. I see ML as aimed at a different audience. Someone who wants a boxed soultion, and doesn’t want to look under the hood in order to do any tweaks. Things will always level out. Envato is just trying to grow here, and I feel all can benefit. Authors need to focus on keeping their offerings top level, and providing the best support possible. Perhaps someone should police the themes, apps etc. that have languished from neglect or abandonment and keep Envato cleaner. It is irritating to finally find an item you want, only to read the comments that have gone unanswered for months or even longer. I am not the guru most folks here are, I am still learning, and having active items is very important. Thanks to all the fine people I have dealt with here, and to those I will work with in the future. Just don’t worry about ML!

98 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
ssievert says

Sales since new banner came up: 1 (one) :-o

Next update: tomorrow. ;-)

But no offense, envato. :-D

98 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
ssievert says

Sales since new banner came up: 2 (two) :-o Am I the only one? Is that a coincidence?

433 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
ZozoUI says

I think you are getting upset for nothing.

First of all, if you are new on themeforest why would you click a banner? I would never click a banner on a website unless I knew the site could be trusted.

Secondly, it says from $20 dollars. As soon as they click and see the $200, $300, $500, $1000 dollar prices they will hit that backwards button as most people will think that is too expensive. Because why would they be at one of the cheapest and largest theme sites if they were willing to spend that amount of money? Exactly, they would’nt.

I think it is good for envanto to explore how this banner will affect sales and besides, they want to give their new project a fair chance and I for one really do get that.

There are so many posts about what envanto do wrong but I think they know what they are doing and you should have a bit trust in them as well. They got good staff and I don’t think they put up ads like that without looking at both positive and negative effects for everyone.
Name one good positive effect for everyone?

The customers who don’t want to spend more than $40 USD will click the banner > see the big price tickets > click backwards since they know tf had cheap prices > start looking. (not only do they see that microlancer is more expensive, it will give them an impression that themeforest is “cheap” as well which is positve since that makes them stay here and stop searching for alternatives.

Edit: and about your other post. How can you say that microlancer has nothing to do with envanto?

When someone clicks on any banner and goes to another site. It doesn’t matter what the other site offers. The problem is that not all users will come back and that is a negative effect for all envato authors.

What I mean is that microlancer has nothing to do with envato authors. There is no benefit for them.

1716 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
gbs says

What I mean is that microlancer has nothing to do with envato authors. There is no benefit for them.

More exactly, it has not much to do with the items on the Marketplace. I think Envato should run a standalone marketing campaign on it, don’t just transferring the potential buyers from the Marketplace this way. Or I agree, why you guys just did not put a link like “Customize with Microlancer” etc., on Download pages?

719 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
+1 more
greenline says

I wouldn’t worry too much about this banner. I’m almost sure it will not determine TF sales drop.

Why? Think about buying furniture for your house, for instance.

Some people prefer to buy the furniture which is already designed and made and ready-to-install. Meanwhile, others will prefer to hire a designer to get a unique furniture, but then, you have to wait longer, until it’s designed, until you get a final design you like, etc.

Personally, in my real life, I will always prefer the option when I can buy the already-designed furniture. It’s ready, it’s there, you can see it, you can touch it, you can see everything at it and I don’t have to wait too much to get it.

But, of course, the logo design might be a good thing at ML, because then, you can get a unique logo, designed especially for you. But this will definitely not influence themes sales.

abhimanyusharma003
abhimanyusharma003 Recent Posts
Threads Started
504 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
abhimanyusharma003 says

Sales since new banner came up: 2 (two) :-o Am I the only one? Is that a coincidence?
You are not alone i’m only having one, last week was awesome before this banner.
I’m not the guy from themeforest but look like it also effect codecanyon sales.
by
by
by
by
by
by